NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having driven a Golf GT, and then a VW-Bus T1 - about 30 years ago - for several months in a row, I finally got myself a 2004 New Beetle Turbo S convertible. It has 70,000 miles on its back, and it was “love at first site”. My wife and I flew to South Carolina to pick-up the car and drove it back to New York. We truly enjoyed the ride, because the weather was just perfect. We had a convertible before (a 1987-560SL Merc), which I totaled a few years ago, may it rest in peace. I love German (my birth-place) cars . . . they are good, but complicated. But, I take that challenge.
Well, as with most newly purchased used cars, they reveal their “soft spots” slowly - but surely - one-by-one once you drive them for a few miles. In my case, I found out that the inner bellow on the driver-side drive axle had a cut and was oozing grease. I still have to replace the axle. As I mentioned before: I take that challenge, and do not hesitate taking the steps on another challenging and enlightening journey.
Hope to make a few friends on the way. :)

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Welcome to New Beetle .org! I used to love driving those Mercedes Benz 560 SL's around. They had gobs of torque,and we're very fun to drive. I don't see many on the road anymore, and just be careful with that bug because the Turbo S model was limited also. I hope you get many miles of enjoyment out of your little German engineered car. DAS AUTO! :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
T.O.D.7 Will U be there?
869 Posts
Welcome back to the land of VW :D
It's a wonderful land to be a part of here at the ORG....GLAD YOU FOUND US!

Lets SEE some pix.We love pix.

My new beetle had a torn axle boot when I bought her as well. I found the tear when my car was UP on a car lift having new tires installed.

You are going to :nblove: this car!!

WELCOME :yaya:

·
Super Moderator
14,785 Posts
Technically, it's not a "Turbo S", but it is probably a Turbo convertible. The Turbo "S" model only came in hardtop. :eek:

However, don't fret. Woohoo! Turbo Convertible! We Love Pics! :D

Welcome to the Org, :wave2: and Welcome to the 1.8T NBC!! :party:

·
Apprentice Org-aholic!
1,470 Posts
Welcome to the Org. You are in a great place. There are plenty of people and threads here to help you with everything you need. Oh, dont forget to share some pictures!! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts