NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
DIESL PWR
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to research released today by Nielsen Netratings, traffic on Apple's iTunes store continues to increase at a fast pace: The mount of visitors has surged 241% from 6.1 million users in December 2004 to 20.7 million in December 2005.

The company also released an unusual profiling of the average iTunes user. According to Nielsen, teens are disproportionately represented among iTunes users, with 12 to 17 year olds are nearly twice as likely to visit the iTunes Web site and use the application as the average Internet user. 54% of iTunes the users are male.

iTunes users also consume very specific products, which sets them apart from the common Internet audience. For example, the iTunes user's favorite car is a Volkswagen which they are 2.2 times more likely to own than the average Internet user. Other popular car makers among the group include Audi and Subaru. iTunes users also enjoy hard cider as they favorite alcoholic beverage, followed by domestic and imported beer.

In terms of media consumption, iTunes users are 3.3 times more likely than average to read Wired, 2.6 times more likely to read Rolling Stone and 2.5 times more likely to read FHM, if compared to all other users. When watching television, they flock to the Cartoon Network at 1.4 times the average rate, and to HBO and BBC America at 1.3 and 1.2 times the average rate, respectively.

Source: TG Daily, via Autoblog

·
Banned
2,553 Posts
wow!
that's insane info!!!

i just go in the itunes music store to find new music, then switch over to limewire to download it. :)

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
I'm going to see if this is posted at ilounge... I know of 3 other beetle owners over there.... do any of you hit the lounge?

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
mentalVdub said:
best part is... apple is owned by disney! woohoo!!! :party:
in a round-about way. Apple and Pixar never shared much more than a CEO (and the movie company's trailers streamed near exlucislvy in the computer company's award-winning media program format), but we will see. I'd like a mickey mouse-shaped iMac. :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
hehe, I have original (late '70s era) 6-color Apple stickers on the back of my Bug and both Subarus. I get Wired (and Macworld) on a regular basis...and I listen to NPR and the BBC...

·
Registered
3 Posts
2006 Beetle

I am a new member and thankfuk for this opportunity, Any beetle members on Fenwick Island, Delaware? I have a 2006 TDI Beetle and it was love at first sight. What about the new SUV, any pictures available?

·
Premium Member
4,844 Posts
HAHAHA... I am soooooooo in love with Volkswagens and Apple computer products!!! That kills me!!!

The question I always wanted to know (and its not the inner hippie in me talking) but I wonder what the ratio of politically conservative to liberal the VW drivers are? It seems I rarely see a "W" bumper sticker on a VW, mostly democratic or green party type stickers... that would be an interesting research demographic to see.

Thanks for the article post :)

PS I love the iLounge podcast ;)

·