NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO I just wanted to get a gauge of how many people would be in for a night run.****note this is a extremely sport class drive and would not recommend unless you have been on the dragon before***** that being said want to get peoples opinion on days. I was thinking early Sunday morning as there is no traffic up there and would give people used to the road on our trip sat. let me know what you think. Time leaving the top would be 6am on Sunday morning

·
Everett Street in May
3,204 Posts
From personal experience, you do "not" want to drive that road at night. Just my 2 cents, but the tight turns become completely blind due to the lack of any lights except for your headlights.

Did it once, and it was not a fun time.

Early morning am is a much better option IMHO. :wave3:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
night run

As the thread stated it is only recommended for exp drivers who have been on the dragon. Me personally have been on the dragon several times at night and will be leading the drivers. I know the curves very well as i live in the area. I drive the dragon at least 4-5 times a month I've driven in the winter at night and all other conditions. To curb any concerns i will be the first driver to try and adjust speeds behind me. As this is a very challenging run it will still be safe if you follow a few rules and not overdrive your headlights.Hope that curbed any concerns. I live in Maryville,TN which is about 20 miles from the dragon, and i am def experienced on this road.again our aim is to have a fun experience on the road and yet keep safe as possible as well

1 - 4 of 4 Posts