NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
DIESL PWR
354 Posts
Two concepts and the production model is still two years off. This is taking almost as long as the Bugatti Veyron took to get to market!

I've been digging most of Nissan/Infiniti's stuff lately, but this one leaves me cold.

Really, it looks to aggressive for aggressiveness' sake, and has a lot of awkward lines, in sharp contrast to the clean lines of the 350Z and G35. The profile looks clunky, with the strange sedan-like C-pillar and air scoop in the front fender bulge. The bulldog front end reminds me way too much of the new Eclipse. The rear end, however, is perfect. There are still a lot of design kinks to be worked out before the production model hits.

I read in AutoWeek, I think, that this was basically going to be Japan's Corvette (e.g. affordable supercar). If the C6 Corvette offers Ferrari performance and manage to retail subtle, clean lines, then there is no need for all the outrageous styling of the Skyline, except, as I said, aggressiveenss for aggressiveness' sake.

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
I like every angle, but the front. So, I guess, no new grocery-getter for me! :D

·
258 Posts
I seen that yesterday they are so cool to me almost close to the lines of a vette and 350Z.
I have always loved the GT-R's I had a cousin that lived in Japan for 2 yr's with the military and I was going to send her the money to get me one and pay all the extra expence of getting it back. But thing's did not work out and I did not have the money before she moved back to the states so I guess I just wont get one. Cost way to much if already over here

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
Parts of it look really tasty... but those headlights, and to a lesser degree the whole front bumper/grille/hood, just aren't doing it for me.

Will probably wait until I see the production version to pass judgement.

And whoever said that it looks like the Concept R... come on... it looks nothing like the Concept R. It looks like it's a cousin of the 350Z, and a grandchild of the original 300Z... both of which were out long before the Concept R was, anyway.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts