NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
C-Dub
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All :)

Having an issue where I can not shift to 6th gear. Initially I needed to adjust my shifter because I was having trouble getting into 1st. Now I can no longer get into 6th.

I have gone through adjusting the trans again thinking maybe I missed something. Car now has 202K miles on it and still runs great.

Any ideas, suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
Did you lock the shifter in the car, before you started the adjustment under the hood at the trans?

·
Registered
14,086 Posts

·
C-Dub
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I did. Followed the Bentley manual.

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
I had a issue with mine when I was doing the adjustment. It took a few times to get it right. I blame the locking tabs on the shifter cable. They are spring loaded and when released did not grab the cable properly so it took a few times to get it right.
For your sake I hope that its as easy as fine tuning the adjustment. I had to replace the trans on my 2000GLX after the speedo sensor in the trans fell off and lunched the rest of itself. I think it cost me about $1800 to fix.
On a side note....there is a 6spd trans out of a TS for sale in the classifieds here on the Org. Lets hope you dont need it. http://newbeetle.org/forums/parts-accessories/59349-fs-02m-6-speed-transmission-code-err.html

·
C-Dub
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great info here. Will need to check in my area for a good shop that services VW trans. Need to also price a used one. Not sure if I'm up to doing a rebuild myself.

Thanks for all the info!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts