NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i have bit of a mess. I have no AC clutch 12v. I found an open clutch coil (replaced), found bad low speed fans (replaced). FCM i have a spare and makes no diff. Also all fuses are good and batt terminal block is new.
When key is on, (engine not running) both fans turn at low speed even with AC button not pushed.. When key is turned off, low speed fans run for 10min then shut off. Is this normal?
Ive started to recharged the system and get low side up to about 45psi but with no clutch ops, cant charge completely.
ALSO ambient temp above rear view mirror reads correctly.
? How do i eliminate Hi pressure switch
Temp sensor on radiator
and is there a different ambient temp sensor or any other sensor i need to look at?

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
A/c

Did you recently do a major repair or have dtc codes still stored in the main ECM? You have to go in with the vagcom software and clear all the codes or the ecm will not send a signal to the FCM to send the 12v for the compressor clutch. I had a similar issue last month and that's what it was.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did you recently do a major repair or have dtc codes still stored in the main ECM? You have to go in with the vagcom software and clear all the codes or the ecm will not send a signal to the FCM to send the 12v for the compressor clutch. I had a similar issue last month and that's what it was.
+1

1 - 3 of 3 Posts