NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife's 2008 VW Beetle has no AC. When you push the AC button, it does not even light up. All fuses are okay. The recir button lights up, but no AC. Could it be low on Freon? Without a wire diagram, it is hard to diagnose. If anyone out there has experienced the same problem, please let me know. Thanks is advance, and stay well
Dan

·
Registered
69 Posts
Make sure you can spin the clutch otherwise it could be locked up. Also check and see if the air compressor has power turn the ac on to complete the circuit. Make sure ground is at the air compressor. Low refrigerant will cause ac not to work. It has to be within a certain range to work.
322D253A-AA86-40F5-9154-BD727E6BE8FB.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
14,748 Posts
Hope that's ll it it. I just replaced the AC compressor in my 2013!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Make sure you can spin the clutch otherwise it could be locked up. Also check and see if the air compressor has power turn the ac on to complete the circuit. Make sure ground is at the air compressor. Low refrigerant will cause ac not to work. It has to be within a certain range to work. View attachment 250354
The light within the ac switch does not come on. According to the diagram, the power flows from the fuse, to the fresh air blower switch, to the ac switch and to the ac pressure switch. Unless I am reading the schematic wrong, even if it was low on freon, the ac switch should light up, and it does not. Thank you for the diagram.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Is the blower not working? I just remembered that the AC pressure switch on her cavalier was bad. I just jiggled it around and then her compressor popped on and started blowing cold air. Be sure to have the ac button and fan turn on. It's on the high pressure ac line.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am not SURE this could be an issue on VW, but, on other cars, there is a washer under the clutch, that can sometimes be removed, that reduces the AIR GAP enough, for the a/c CLUTCH to start working again.....???

·
Registered
9 Posts
Is the blower not working? I just remembered that the AC pressure switch on her cavalier was bad. I just jiggled it around and then her compressor popped on and started blowing cold air. Be sure to have the ac button and fan turn on. It's on the high pressure ac line.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Check clutch fuse
Check blower
Check compressor
Check high n low pressure
Are fans spinning?
Check fan control switch
Expansion valve

1 - 12 of 12 Posts