NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 beetle convertible, 2.0 liter, 120k miles. I have the same problem with "shaking/vibrating" when i accelerate. But also on the gear guage thing, (where it says PRNDS ) it will highlight all 5 of the letters, and it wont show me what gear I'n in. I'm really not worried about it not telling me which gear I'm in, I'm more concerned with why it's doing it. Because once it does it, the vibrations/shaking get worse. I have had my car only 3 months. I have to figure out why it's doing this.

Anyone else having this problem?

·
Registered
12,099 Posts
Sounds like you have an automatic; there have been some recalls on the auto's for problems, I would call your local vw dealer and see if you car is under this recall. Typically, just call the service dept and they will ask for your VIN#; then they should be able to tell you if it is covered under the recall. Good luck! :)

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
There is a thread or two!

I have an 03 beetle convertible, 2.0 liter, 120k miles. I have the same problem with "shaking/vibrating" when i accelerate. But also on the gear guage thing, (where it says PRNDS ) it will highlight all 5 of the letters, and it wont show me what gear I'n in. I'm really not worried about it not telling me which gear I'm in, I'm more concerned with why it's doing it. Because once it does it, the vibrations/shaking get worse. I have had my car only 3 months. I have to figure out why it's doing this.

Anyone else having this problem?
You're going to have to do some thread searching. Others have had this same problem. I remember a thread about this that defined the problem and the solution. Perhaps someone else remembers and has it saved.

Btw, welcome to the Org, a good place for all NB owners to spend a little time and a great place to help resolve issues.

MORAV

1 - 3 of 3 Posts