VW Beetle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys!
I wrecked my Baby last year and been trying to get her ready again for the salvage inspection i have this coming Wednesday. I have no brakes. Replaced all calipers, pads and rotors and bled them. Still has no pedal and goes right to the floor. Replaced the master cylinder and bled again, still nothing. Any ideas? I have a brake pad indicating light and a flashing BRAKE light

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Either there is a hole in a line somewhere or there is air in the system still. If there is a hole the fluid level should go down and you should find a puddle of fluid under the car somewhere. If the fluid level ever got too low air could be in the ABS system. If that happened then the brakes need to be bleed using a VW-specific scan tool like vcds or OBDeleven so that the ABS pump runs and pushes the air out.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Brake pad light is just an annoyance. It means you have the pads with no sensors ,the wire to the sensor is bad or the sensor isn’t plugged in properly. You can turn the light off with vcds or jumper the connector with a wire or paper clip and tape everything up.

The flashing brake light means low fluid.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts