VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was surprised to find that neither a Haynes or Chilton Manual exists for the 2012-15 Beetle. I would think 5 years of production would be enough time to put together one of these guides.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,412 Posts
There is no Bentley either. I think 2010 is pretty much the last year that they made a manual for VWs. Not entirely sure why.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
The only manual source, that I know of is the official Volkswagen source...Erwin! You can subscribe for one day and download, the manuals in .pdf format (digital file format). I am not aware; of any paper manuals as this time, Bentley Publishers lost their contract with Volkswagen, so new manuals are not being produced. Haynes and Chilton; may come out with manuals in the future. So far; these new generation Beetles are just three years old. It maybe a number of years; until they produce a manual. I would assume; for the basic mechanicals; the Jetta and Golf would be similar; as they share the similarity engine, trans etc.

erWin the only solution: (as of July 2015):

Your erWin subscription gives you unlimited access to the latest VW service information at a fixed price.
Note: To purchase a subscription, you must be registered and logged in.

Choose the subcription term you want:
One day -- $35.00
One month -- $225.00
One year -- $1,100.00

The advantages of an erWin subscription are:

Unlimited access to erWin service information for the subscription period
Quick access to the information you want
Access to vehicle-specific information
The latest service information

https://erwin.vw.com/erwin/showOrderFlatrate.do

·
Super Moderator
5,367 Posts
That one day thing sounds great if you can get them all downloaded and it doesn't rely on a continued subscription. There is no way I could justify spending $1k for a manual.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
The files open fine; after they are downloaded. The subscription service and much of the Erwin services (similar to something like All Data), area geared towards pro independent repair shops, you can even get a genuine vw scan tool system through them.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
5,367 Posts
Awesome I may have to do it at some point.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts