NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello VW world! My wife fell in love with this baby blue beetle convertible. Has trans issues. Hoping for a moderately easy fix.

No Com TCM U0101

2006 VW Beetle 2.5 with the 09G trans with 98k miles
Valve body has been rebuilt with new solenoids from wolfsburg tuning. Previous mechanic rerouted the wiring incorrectly causing it to bind and pinch with the shift actuator. It didn’t cut the wire in 2, although it did cause a slight tear in the wire insulator of one of the wires. I don’t think this is a problem, it was only 1 wire and there is no copper exposed. But i could be wrong.

I have checked all fuses, and traced other wiring for issues. Everything looks good, from what I can tell. I am using an Autel Maxysis 908pro with the J box. I bought a “good used” tcm for 75$ - some said it was plug-in play and others say it may need flashing or programming.

So, in a nutshell “WHAT SOFTWARE WOULD ONE USE TO FLASH A VW?”

Some say the Autel is terrible at programming VW and BMW?

Thanks For Reading, Any help would be tremendous. The car is to nice to part out.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,095 Posts
VCDS would be what you need to do any matching of something like the TCU.

I would also at least wrap that wire with some electrical tape just to be safe. VWs have a reputation for having electrical issues and gremlins so I would make sure things are buttoned up as well as possible to avoid it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I made a new discovery today. I was in the transmission module diagnostics and clicked on 1a advanced Id and it showed the following:

Programming attempts 0
Programming status 00000000
Successful attempts 0
Required conditions 00000000
Software p0210

is this telling me the transmission software needs reflashed?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
VCDS would be what you need to do any matching of something like the TCU.

I would also at least wrap that wire with some electrical tape just to be safe. VWs have a reputation for having electrical issues and gremlins so I would make sure things are buttoned up as well as possible to avoid it.
Thank you, I wrapped that wire before I cased it up, if I would have realized how cheap the harness was I would have replaced it while it was apart. I have looked into the VCDS Ross-tech, I wasn’t aware that it was capable of programming, I will have to look into it further.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts