NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some guidance. I am working on my daughters 2004 Beetle 2.0l. Initially it was no crank, no start. I have troubleshot and the battery, starter test good, fuses are good. I replaced the Park/Neutral position switch relay and the transmission range switch. Still no crank. I installed a relay to bypass the theft warning system starter lock relay and the vehicle starts. When I replace it with the proper relay it returns to the no crank issue.

Could the ignition switch be causing the issue?

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
12,744 Posts
We have seen the switch cause a similar problem; check out this diy, for replacement and repair of any melted wires or bad terminal ends.

Here is a free online service manual; for the charging/starting area, dig down, for specific testing procedures, wiring diagrams, etc.:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We have seen the switch cause a similar problem; check out this diy, for replacement and repair of any melted wires or bad terminal ends.

Here is a free online service manual; for the charging/starting area, dig down, for specific testing procedures, wiring diagrams, etc.:

Thank you for the info. This is my first attempt at working on a newer VW. It has been a learning experience.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts