NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
TDI Lover
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone
when I started Herbie this morning to go to work and turned on his lights I got no dash light and no lights in any of the switches does anyone know what number fuse to check that great picture chart they give you for the fuses is oh so poor

·
2008 "Fowvay" yellow NB
574 Posts
Hope I can help

Yowza! I hate hearing that my go to guy for wiring is having electrical problems with his car. I hope these help.

Maybe #3 illumination - a 5 amp fuse.

You probably don't need this but for the those who might heres the lame pictures.

Hope its a simple fuse.

·
Foreign Exchange Orger
7,461 Posts
Which one of the numbers is for the 3 switches which are underneath the radio? You know, the switches for the heat?
Since Thursday I have no light there anymore, while the rest of the dashboardlights are working.
I did have the same problem before, but that was within about 3 weeks after I had purchased my NB, so it was done for free by the dealer.

Appreciate some advise here :)

·
Super Moderator
5,311 Posts
Mazzzja said:
Which one of the numbers is for the 3 switches which are underneath the radio? You know, the switches for the heat?
Since Thursday I have no light there anymore, while the rest of the dashboardlights are working.
I did have the same problem before, but that was within about 3 weeks after I had purchased my NB, so it was done for free by the dealer.

Appreciate some advise here :)
You probably need to change the bulb. I believe you just cover the knob with a rag and pull it off with some pliers. I how ever, don't know which bulb goes there :rolleyes:

·
Eine Kleine Panzer
210 Posts
Mazzzja said:
Thanks, I'll try (if I dare :eek: )
Put the fan blower knob (the center knob) in the position marked "2" before you pull it out. Then you will see the little bulb that you need to change after the knob is removed.

You can do it just be gentle!!!

·
Foreign Exchange Orger
7,461 Posts
speedie said:
Put the fan blower knob (the center knob) in the position marked "2" before you pull it out. Then you will see the little bulb that you need to change after the knob is removed.

You can do it just be gentle!!!
Thank you too for the tip.
I will call tomorrow the dealer and ask how much it costs, as I need to find a store for the lightbulb anyway and with gasprises it might be worth to let it be fixed by professionals.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts