NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!
I am looking to buy a 2001 1.8 turbo but it has an electrical issue.

The story of the vehicle from the seller goes something like this: The car had an electrical issue and the fuse panel above the battery was replaced. Then after driving another day, the seller said it died again. She took it back to the repair shop and they replaced the battery. She drove it home and everything went dead on it (no electrical power). Now she is trying to sell it.

It has no electric power it seems to anything as all items such as the dome lights, instrument panel lights, etc. do not light up or work at all. I tried hooking up a jump start battery pack to it to see if anything would start to work or light up but nothing happens. I tried jump starting the car to see if it would crank and to even see if anything electrical would start working even the tiniest bit. Still, NOTHING! The best way for me to describe it is that it is like there is NO BATTERY in the car!

Any advice? I had owned a 1999 beetle turbo before and it had electrical issues but none like this. I had to periodically had to jump start it due to a battery drain, etc.

Again, any advice? I need to know soon as to what it could be and even maybe how much too it would cost as I am looking to purchase the Beetle at a pretty good price. However, if it is a real difficult issue and/or the cost is too great, I would pass on this great deal.

Please let me know ASAP!

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
there is a section for help with the 1.8t. Try posting your issues there as the techies watch that more than here.

AND - Welcome to the great and wonderful ORG! Many fantastic cars, people and answers lurk in this great land. If you haven't done so already, take time to fill in your profile and post a few photos so we can ORGle them!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts