VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turn air con on and rad fans don't work
Overheat and rad fans still won't work
Bridged the **** h fans work same at temp sender changed the fcm still nothing popped the leak off pipe at the header off and nothing not even at revs,
So my question is this, if the water pump fails and isn't pumping coolant around would this cause the fans to not work, also if the fans ain't working the air con clutch won't engage,
Any help or advice

·
Registered
152 Posts
Check the fuses on top of the battery. They have a way of not making contact even when the fuse is not blown. VWs also a problem with that same fuse block melting from too mush current causing heat.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check the fuses on top of the battery. They have a way of not making contact even when the fuse is not blown. VWs also a problem with that same fuse block melting from too mush current causing heat.
Thanks for the reply, already checked all in good condition,

The only other thing I can think Is either
A) WATER PUMP SO FANS NOT ACTOVATING
B) FAN SENSOR
C) I TOURCH THE CAR

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Here is a video about the fuse on the top of the battery:

VW Jetta, Beetle, Passat Easy Air Conditioner Repair - YouTube

The problem is the contacts on the fuse, not that it blows. Try cleaning up that leftmost small fuse, put it back and if it still doesn't work try wiggling it with the A/C on. The fans should come on whenever the A/C is switched on, so you seem to have an electrical issue with the fans.

The coolant pump and thermostat both need to work for the fans to come on as the engine heats up. The temperature sensor for the fans is in the radiator so hot coolant has to get there in order for it to switch on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is a video about the fuse on the top of the battery:

VW Jetta, Beetle, Passat Easy Air Conditioner Repair - YouTube

The problem is the contacts on the fuse, not that it blows. Try cleaning up that leftmost small fuse, put it back and if it still doesn't work try wiggling it with the A/C on. The fans should come on whenever the A/C is switched on, so you seem to have an electrical issue with the fans.

The coolant pump and thermostat both need to work for the fans to come on as the engine heats up. The temperature sensor for the fans is in the radiator so hot coolant has to get there in order for it to switch on.
Water pump and cambelt done and still over heating g also, seems as there's no flow I. E the pipe to and from the radiator are hot but feel empty? I'm now thinking thermo stat failed closed maybe

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also my heaters are cold, thought thermostat had a fail safe in? But would make sense as it over heats after about 5 mins of idling

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No idea the coolants pink ish, gonna change the header tank coolant and cap also there is no flow out of that small hose

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Right sports fans update after 4hrs I think we have progres

Changed the thermostat old one had failed closed (vw fail safe my ass)
Changed the temp sender,
New header tank camp,
Removed all coolant pipes and cleaned,
Flushed system then Bled for
40 mins wtf
So Ooooo where are we
We now have hot heaters,
We now have engine cooling fan
And we aren't over heating,

Now one problem I have found is the leak off pipe is clear but in the head there is a blockage due to someone mixing coolants tried poking through the leak off to clean bit we will see.
Tbf I'm not asked about the leak off as it's a leak off,
Coolant still bubbling a little but think that's some air still bleeding as it's a self bleeding system so we will see how things go for a couple days, but for now I'm fubard and it's Stella oclock

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
problem

There's your problem somebody mix the wrong coolant in your beetle and the sludge made the thermostat to stick. Mine got stuck open three/four years ago.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts