NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello again

for some reason, when i leave my headlights on, remove my keys and open my door, i don't get any sort of buzzer that reminds me that my lights are on. I don't get a buzzer for my keys being in my ignition as well.

also, if i use my remote to unlock my door, get in, close my door and wait about 30 seconds, my alarm will re-arm.

last but not least, neither of my lights on the bottom of my door will light up when the doors open....Ive checked the bulbs and there fine.

any help would be appreciated.

·
5/23/10 <3
10,916 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i thought that as well but i took every thing apart, tested the micro switches with a multimeter AND re- soldered them in to make sure of a good connection and i still have the same issue.

i never checked the passenger side though, could that be causing the issue?

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Questions...

I'm quite sure my alarm rearms itself (and locks the doors) also after entering the vehicle, but I believe it doesn't do so until after it is started. I'll have to pay attention to the sequence. I believe that is normal operation, although this is probably VAG-COM programmable like the GMs

As to the door control module, I would think if either side had issues it could affect the function, even though using that door should not trip the warning. I can look, but I'm not sure, if that can be determined from the wiring diagrams. That one might better be left to someone who has had a like issue. Don't go looking for the buzzer device, we have pretty much determined, the audible warning signal device(s) are built into the instrument cluster. Another Orger has no buzzer and no chime.

And I'm sure the door marker lights are in related circuitry. Do the lights come on when the other door is opened (I assume not)? Is the overhead cabin light coming on? That light should be a part of the same circuit. Have you checked the wiring at the lights for voltage? for continuity to ground?

M.

·
5/23/10 <3
10,916 Posts
The alarm should re-arm if you unlock the car and not open the door within 30 seconds. Its a protection feature so if you accidentally hit the unlock button near the car but don't intend to get it in it. If you open the door the alarm should should not re-arm. When the microswitch fails, thats why you will have the alarm re-arm even if you open the door (at least, if it fails thinking the door is always closed).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts