NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
my99vdub said:
Rats, with the new newbeetle.org I was thinking about looking at some newbeetle items - is the store really gone?
For the time being. Cafepress (the store provider) jumped all over for our logo, which they claim is a violation of VW trademares, even though VW has told me it's just fine.

I hope to revive it at some point, but unless I can convince Cafepress or find another provider, I'm not sure.

·
120,000+ miles
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ahh, I do remember this now, I know my brother has used Cafepress but no one involved (corporate-wise) other then himself - have to check around and see if there are any other providers around (meaning I'll ask my bro what he knows LOL)

I thought that there were items to be had at one point - sitting in a box in someone's basement? just wonderin'

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
my99vdub said:
ahh, I do remember this now, I know my brother has used Cafepress but no one involved (corporate-wise) other then himself - have to check around and see if there are any other providers around (meaning I'll ask my bro what he knows LOL)

I thought that there were items to be had at one point - sitting in a box in soemone's basement? just wonderin'
Well let me know if you find anything out. I know Cafepress was absolutely great until we ran into the trademark issue with them. I'd sure love to just resolve it with them, because their products are really nice.

·
120,000+ miles
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Talked to my bro about alternatives to Cafepress but he didn't have anything in mind at the time - have you ever looked at www.spreadshirt.com - I don't know where the exact info is about trademark infringment but maybe you could take a look-see? I'm not even sure it's the same idea as Cafepress with the virtual storefront and such but they appear to have similar products.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I wanted to buy a tee shirt from the store with the cute blue beetle org logo. Now what? Don't you think there would be merchandise that they would want to sell, at least stuff with the logo that would otherwise sit in some warehouse? I'm really disappointed!

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
flandoman said:
is this the store you were looking for i dont know if you are able to buy from them or not http://www.cafepress.com/cp/store.aspx?s=nborg_premium
Yes, that's it. It's actually still up. You can feel free to buy from them if you want to. I just un-linked it temporarily from the forums until I could resolve the issues and sort of re-vamp it. But you can order from the right now. They're harrasing me about the logo, but they haven't actually made me ake it offline yet. Go ahead and buy from them if you want, but I'm going to try to re-vamp the store in a way they'll approve of before I relink it here in the forums.

·
I bleed Burnt Orange!
687 Posts
Jeff,

Are there any different designs for the License Plate frame?

The reason I ask, is that Texas has some insane new law that makes it an offense for a license plate frame to cover the TEXAS on the plate.

That plate design, with the NB.or icons across the top, would do just that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts