NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Get in.Buckle Up.Hang on.
6,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Been a long time since I've posted! Santa brought my 17 yo daughter a 2002 NB for X-Mas, pale mint so musta been one of those limited edition models. Has the cassette monsoon w/ the trunk cd changer, but the unit has no power. Checked the 37 and 42 fuses and both are ok. Isn't there supposed to be an amp?If so, I can't seem to locate it. Any help would be much appreciated, thx! :)

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
Got mine at the local big box (wallsomething or other) in the car audio section.They were about 7 bucks and I didn't have to waste time making a set or messing up the radio locks trying to get it out.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
The fuse on the back of the head unit is actually for the head unit.

What does not have power? The head unit? The CD changer? Monsoon Amp? Monsoon Amp should be located in the trunk, in my convertible it is located under the package shelf on the drivers side.

Also keep in mind that you may want to update the head unit in the car anyway. I changed the cassette head unit out of my car for a later model CD head unit that plays MP3 CD's (put about 100+ songs on a CD in MP3 format), has an Aux input and will control a OE Sirus module.

Read this - http://newbeetle.org/forums/car-audio/58487-7-90-aux-input-newer-head-unit.html

·
Registered
3,690 Posts

·
Get in.Buckle Up.Hang on.
6,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Got the keys and as I pulled it out it came on, but no buttons worked and it's stuck on a local espanol station. Pulled off the harness, put it back on, no longer any display, but still stuck on that one station. Think I'll just replace it with the CD player model and an mp3 port. :rolleyes::D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts