VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Computing Doc
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a "NO SAT" message when first tried the SAT button on the radio of my 2010 Final Edition. From research on the web, it appears that the XM module was DOA or disconnected. I made the sales department set up a service appointment, but I'm not holding my breath about a quick fix. I found a myriad of complaints about VWs and XM dating from 2002 forward to now. Anybody have any insights/advice?

·
Blue Hunter
824 Posts

·
Computing Doc
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
XM for 6 months was on the sticker and I think I located the XM module in a cage on the roof of the trunk. The sales guys made a half-hearted attempt to initialize the XM subscription. But, I think I'll know better on Monday.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
I'm assuming you have a Monsoon radio since you found Monsoon amp in the trunk. This is not the SAT receiver.

The SAT receiver is in the foot well of the passenger side up towards the top (towards the dash).

Take the car back to the dealer for service. XM cannot help you other than to reset the receiver which appears to be non-functional. If you put the radio in SAT mode and tune to channel 1, you should hear the preview channel. Are you getting that? If so, then you need to activate the receiver (call XM). The receiver ID is found on channel 0. If the receiver itself is not functional, then only VW can help you since you are in warranty. If you were out of warranty, you would be on your own in which case, eBay is your next best option to find a replacement receiver.

The radio is not a receiver in and of itself. However, it is possible the radio is having problems. Your radio works with either an XM or Sirius receiver. It is possible that the receiver is not plugged into the radio or the antenna is not plugged into the receiver.

Again, go back to the dealer for diagnostics.

·
Catch me riding s00ty!
3,981 Posts
Isn't the hump on the top of the dash the satellite radio antenna for verts? Pic provided below

1 - 5 of 5 Posts