NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
"Flippin Sweet"
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 turbo s and noticed I don't have the side marker lights above the front fenders. Every other car like mine has them and I can't find one without them! Is this weird? Did the original owner request NOT to have them put on? Can you do that?

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Nah, your car is normal ;)

Bugs have either sidemarkers or blinkers in the mirrors.

Now, this is just what I've noticed, so if there's some bizarro crossover model that has both, I don't want to get flak for it.. ;)

SMG

·
Bourgeoisie
309 Posts
No, you're correct, it's either or, and seeing a pic of his red S he's got blinkers in the mirrors.

Now me, I've got a 2001, so blinkers above the fenders/below the mirrors. But I also have blinkers in the mirrors I've got sitting in a shelf, so when I finally find time to install the suckers, there's your bizarro crossover model. :D

·
Super Moderator
14,774 Posts
The change happened between 2002 and 2003 MY's. My 2002 has side markers, our former 2003 had mirror blinkers, as does our current 2005. Now, my car looks "old"..... :eek:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Turboboy said:
I have a 2003 turbo s and noticed I don't have the side marker lights above the front fenders. Every other car like mine has them and I can't find one without them! Is this weird? Did the original owner request NOT to have them put on? Can you do that?
i believe the turn signal mirrors were found on 2003.5 turbo s's. my "early" 2003 has the old style...

·
Where is home ....
11,013 Posts
Yup. A 2003.5 model year change. Everything pre convertible (which came out in 2003.5) has the blinkers on the sides and not the mirrors. Nice "S" BTW. :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts