NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
i have a 2002 1.8 Turbo S and i wonder if this car makes any sound or beep when the doors
are open, or when i leave the headlights on or the ken in because mine does not.
I had other VW's in the past and they all make a beep or sound when i do these things i mentioned before.
Just want to know if this is normal on this car or something is wrong.
Thanks.
:confused:

·
5/23/10 <3
11,155 Posts
Sounds like a failed microswitch in the door. Super common failure. Do your interior lights come on when you open the door?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my interior lights work, passenger door light also works, the only
one that doesn't work is the driver's door light.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Just to be sure... with the engine at idle... when you open the driver's door, the interior lights come on? If you have the headlights on, does the instrument cluster beep/buzz at you when the driver's door is open?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If by interior lights you mean the dome lights on the midle of the car in the headliner, so YES.
Also the lights on the Rear View Mirrow turn on when i open the door, the ones that does not
turn on EVER is the driver's door light.
Also no sound, beep or chime at all ever when the headlights are on, door open or key in and open the door or leave the keys in
like in most cars will make a beep sound.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Sounds likely like a door latch. My 2003 is on its 3rd set of door latches for each door!

The puddle light not coming on in the door is usually a indication of a bad door latch, but check out it fully before you jump on the door latch. I do not recall on my car what the interior lights did when the door latch was bad, but the puddle light in the door definitely would not work when the latch was bad.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,155 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts