NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have disassembled my Beetles 01M auto trans and found a part that I need to replace. However the only place I can seem to find it is in the UK or on eBay. I have opened about 40 places recommended by people on this site, but no luck. Many are from years past and are no longer in operation but the ones that are don't seem to stock this item. Anyone have any recommendations that are not ECS Tuning, ( they don't have it). It is a piston return spring for a 2001 01M trans, code FDC. Looks like this. Thanks!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is an option, I dont know the part #, the ATGS Tech service info I am using just has diagram #'s. Can't look on part as it is destroyed.

·
Registered
13,038 Posts
The tranmission is made by Aisin for VW; there are specialty shops, that just sell parts for transmissions and then, there is the VW dealer.

For detailed part searching; VW has their parts system, called ETKA, a number of sites, have this online.

Here is a link; of a quick search I did and it looks like, pretty much every part of the transmission is shown with VW part numbers: NOTE: searching by VIN #; would help you get the correct part. When I did my tranmission rebuild; on the standard transmission side of things, many parts were only available, through VW (aside from things like bearings; seals, etc) but being your tranmission is made by AISIN and used in BMW, AUDI, other brands, they might be available elsewhere.

·
Registered
13,038 Posts
If needed hard parts, are particularly expensive, not cost effective or no longer available new; you might get another used transmission with the same code and cannibalize parts from both, to swap in, until you get a working, functional transmission.

·
Registered
13,038 Posts
Here are some links; to online sources of replacement parts for Aisin tranmissions, maybe they can help:

More to check out:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have disassembled my Beetles 01M auto trans and found a part that I need to replace. However the only place I can seem to find it is in the UK or on eBay. I have opened about 40 places recommended by people on this site, but no luck. Many are from years past and are no longer in operation but the ones that are don't seem to stock this item. Anyone have any recommendations that are not ECS Tuning, ( they don't have it). It is a piston return spring for a 2001 01M trans, code FDC. Looks like this. Thanks! View attachment 250727
Send me a pm. I have a few of these boxes stripped down in my garage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for your offer, I just bought one, I had to buy the compete drum with clutches and such. Ended up being $120 but also used.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts