VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have own my 2003 VW Turbo GL for about 3 weeks now and love it. I have a noise when stopping than sounds a lot like something rolling in the trunk but there isn't anything in the trunk. When I come to a complete stop, the noise stops. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Is the noise coming from the brakes? Does it only happen if the brakes are applied? In an isolated area where it is safe try applying just the hand brake and see if you get the noise.

Also, have you removed the spare tire and looked around in the well?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the noise coming from the brakes? Does it only happen if the brakes are applied? In an isolated area where it is safe try applying just the hand brake and see if you get the noise.

Also, have you removed the spare tire and looked around in the well?
I don't think it's the brakes. the noise is higher on the car., if that makes sense. It really sounds like something is rolling but it doesn't roll back when i start back moving. I will check the spare

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I once found a socket,with a note attached to it. " You finally found me!" This thing had been rolling around in the rocker panel of a customers car, for only God knows how long. Driving them completely bonkers! Sometimes the bushings for the rear swing axle assembly go bad. That could explain the initial noise, without it "rolling" back. ???
Also found a lug nut inside of an assembled tire and wheel. Would make funny noises at speeds under 10 miles per hour. Faster than that,and centrifugal force would just stick it to a spot on the tire. :eek:
Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts