NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a new 06 convertible Beetle 3 weeks ago. Have had it back at the dealer twice now for noise. The doors rattle and the windows squeak whenever I hit a slight bump in the road. Since my neighborhood is very bumpy, I have noise all of the time. Do all the New Beetle convertibles make this much noise? I need to know if I need to pursue this noise problem with the dealer. Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
Most of the noise is from the glass rubbing against the top seals. Some tiny, miniscule rattles are expected (mine seem to stem from the wind blocker being installed).

But yeah, they can take care of it for you. :)

Stats on your NBC?

-Des

·
Registered
7 Posts
Izzie said:
Bought a new 06 convertible Beetle 3 weeks ago. Have had it back at the dealer twice now for noise. The doors rattle and the windows squeak whenever I hit a slight bump in the road. Since my neighborhood is very bumpy, I have noise all of the time. Do all the New Beetle convertibles make this much noise? I need to know if I need to pursue this noise problem with the dealer. Thanks!!

There's a roll over sensor that 'tweets' when ever the buggy goes over rough roads. It's like a marble in a bowl that rattles around. That technology was around when I had a Mazda RX3.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts