NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Just because!
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I might see what others drink on occasion. I do not drink alcohol (I have tried sips of alcoholic beverages in the course of my 33 years of life, I have just found that I don't enjoy the feeling of the alcohol in my mouth. It's a personal choice that has nothing to do with religion.);)

So, I would like to see what you all drink or mix up.

Here is my favorite hot breakfast drink, or a "warm-me-up" when coming in from a cold day playing in the snow or rain.

Russian Tea

2 cups Tang Orange drink
1 cup Instant Tea (Decaf or not)
3/4 cup Sugar
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Cloves

Mix in a sealable container, 'cause I don't think anyone could drink this quantity in one sitting.

Add hot water and mix to your taste.

I use almost 1/2 cup per 16 oz of water. I do warn though, it is pretty strong at this mixture ratio. I need the big kick in the face on cold mornings!

·
Just because!
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bumpity Bumpage!

Anyone? It's hard to believe that no one drinks non-alcoholic drinks, well, besides juice, milk, water and sodas!?!:confused:

How about Milk, a bit of vanilla extract and some sugar? Almost a milkshake, without being super cold! :)

·
120,000+ miles
1,423 Posts
no more alcoholic drinks 4 me, drank enough in my teens, 20's & 30's for the rest of this life and into the next!
so, it's coffee, tea, juices, water, not lots of soda and I never thought about mixing anything up - don't care for sweet so it really never crossed my mind to try concocting anything new - but I am going to start looking around at what is around.

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
jdesigns said:
Russian Tea

2 cups Tang Orange drink
1 cup Instant Tea (Decaf or not)
3/4 cup Sugar
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Cloves
oooh, my mom used to make something like this. good stuff! i don't drink alcohol either (can't stand the taste and the feeling!), so for me, it's caffinated drinks and my fave is a mocha! i've been a mocha junkie/snob for about 11 years now. i don't make them at home or anything, but i know i good one when i taste it; a little bitter, sweet, but not too sweet! yummies!

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
How about Izze? It's 100% juice and sparkling water - very good!! Comes in several different flavors like Blackberry and Grapefruit. You can get it at grocery stores, Starbucks, etc. I drink it when I want a pop, much healthier than a Coke and tastes good too.:bigthumb:

·
So over it!
8,050 Posts
Hawaiian Island Surfer recipe

Scale ingredients to servings
4 oz orange sherbet
2 oz pineapple juice
1 oz coconut cream

Blend briefly with half a glassful of crushed ice in a wine goblet. Garnish with fruit, and serve with straws.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts