NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked it up yesterday ((2008 Volkswagen New Beetle Coupe 2dr Auto S PZEV Hatchback)) here in wonderful Central Pa. The wife always wanted the New Beetle so I finally went on a mission to locate her a clean certified Beetle. Well, found a very clean 08 with 37k, leather, in Platinum Grey, with a good bit of the factory warranty still in tacked. She loves it, she did make me come out last night and hear a tiny squeak under the car when she was driving it, I pushed on the side and definitely a squeak under the car. I'll be checking that out tonight, also I need a owners manual and spare key(dealer wants $250 for the spare key):mad:. I'll be putting a "BRA" in the front because there are some tiny stone hits already.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Nice NB! Yeah, I just recently had to buy the extra remote, it killed my "pocket money" for the week!
You can find the owners manuals on ebay. If no luck, go to Faxonautoliterature.com. I also put a bra on mine for the same reason. Only my'99 came with a multitude of rock chips on the hood. Covered it up nicely without having to repaint the hood, AND looks really cool! :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice NB! Yeah, I just recently had to buy the extra remote, it killed my "pocket money" for the week!
You can find the owners manuals on ebay. If no luck, go to Faxonautoliterature.com. I also put a bra on mine for the same reason. Only my'99 came with a multitude of rock chips on the hood. Covered it up nicely without having to repaint the hood, AND looks really cool! :D
Thx for the info, I called the wife to have her look eerywhere for the Owner Manual and she found it under the seat,,,my bad for missing it. I have the Bra on it's way, and like you, it'll cover the already dinged up front plus look great.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
A BIG Texas Welcome to the Org!

Everyone here loves pictures, you need to start your own picture thread here, and put up some pics!
Photos: New Beetles - NewBeetle.org Forums

I had to add a second key and remote when I bought mine. Got it thru an automotive locksmith for about $185. Mine's an '05. I think I read where the later models do require purchase from a Dealer however. You can go here for more information and possibly other options, but regardless, you do need a spare, no key will become very expense.

Keys, Remotes, and Programming

sidewinderkey.com

Again, welcome, and let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

I'm sure others will be along anytime now, to shower you with welcomes!

MORAV

1 - 4 of 4 Posts