NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Saturday, August 3rd, the Northern Wisconsin VW Club will hold its annual show at the American Legion Post #38 in Appleton, Wi, on College Avenue from 9-3. This is an all-VW show with a water-cooled Beetle class, so Matty D 2009 and I would like to see more NBs/21st Century Beetles join us. After the show, our North Country Water Beetle Club will be taking a 115 mile cruise through the scenic Kettle Moraine area of Eastern Wisconsin. Depending on the weather, the plan is to either camp out or stay at a motel somewhere around Whitewater, Wi Saturday night. Any Orgers going to be in the area around that time? Come join us! ;)

·
AbsentbebniM
145 Posts
On Saturday, August 3rd, the Northern Wisconsin VW Club will hold its annual show at the American Legion Post #38 in Appleton, Wi, on College Avenue from 9-3. This is an all-VW show with a water-cooled Beetle class, so Matty D 2009 and I would like to see more NBs/21st Century Beetles join us. After the show, our North Country Water Beetle Club will be taking a 115 mile cruise through the scenic Kettle Moraine area of Eastern Wisconsin. Depending on the weather, the plan is to either camp out or stay at a motel somewhere around Whitewater, Wi Saturday night. Any Orgers going to be in the area around that time? Come join us! ;)
I drove by the show last year, but didn't drive/own a NB at the time. Since then I've had a '98 Base and now a '02 Turbo S. I'd love to get more involved with a club around this area. Do you have any further information on the club itself you could share?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I drove by the show last year, but didn't drive/own a NB at the time. Since then I've had a '98 Base and now a '02 Turbo S. I'd love to get more involved with a club around this area. Do you have any further information on the club itself you could share?

I'm actually in the Chippewa Valley VW Club over in Eau Claire, but some of us attend this show every August. Both the CVVWC and NWVWC are primarily air-cooled clubs, but I switched to a NB 4 years ago and our friends in Appleton have a NB class at their show while my club doesn't. Another Orger and I have also started a water-cooled Beetle-only club that covers the Upper Midwest, but so far, he and I are the only active participants. The two of us (Matty D 2009) and I will be cruising the Kettle Moraine area right after the show, and we'd love to see more NBs/12+ Beetles at not only this show, but also join us on the cruise. The website to the Northern Wisconsin VW club is: nwvc.weebly.com where you'll find more details. The website to the water-cooled club is http://http://northcountrynbc.webs.com/. I hope I posted these links right. If they don't work, type the addresses in on a Google search, and it should get you there.

·
AbsentbebniM
145 Posts
I'm actually in the Chippewa Valley VW Club over in Eau Claire, but some of us attend this show every August. Both the CVVWC and NWVWC are primarily air-cooled clubs, but I switched to a NB 4 years ago and our friends in Appleton have a NB class at their show while my club doesn't. Another Orger and I have also started a water-cooled Beetle-only club that covers the Upper Midwest, but so far, him and me are the only active participants. The two of us (Matty D 2009) and I will be cruising the Kettle Moraine area right after the show, and we'd love to see more NBs/12+ Beetles at not only this show, but also join us on the cruise. The website to the Northern Wisconsin VW club is: nwvc.weebly.com where you'll find more details. The website to the water-cooled club is http://http://northcountrynbc.webs.com/. I hope I posted these links right. If they don't work, type the addresses in on a Google search, and it should get you there.
I found the sites. Looks like your links have an extra 'http://' in front of them... happens to the best of us.

I'd definitely be interested in joining up with a VW/NB club. Years ago I was a loose member of the Element Owners Club and went on to a meet-up in Ohio to see the Honda plant where out vehicles were produced as well as to mingle with like-minded enthusiasts. I kinda fell on hard times after that and out of any club activity and can honestly say I've missed it.

Not sure my other half would be up for a cruise to that area of WI (we are located in northern Menasha) on such short notice, but I'm sure if we had a few more weeks head-way of a future get together it'd be another story (she just started a new job and wants to get settled before doing anything major as r as travel and such).

I'm not sure I read your info correctly above... Is there any NB presence in the NWVWC? And is 'North Country' Matty D 2009's and your club?

·
Apprentice Org-aholic!
1,470 Posts
Hey there. Yep you got it. North Country Water Beetles is a club we started. We are only 7 months old and still getting going but we'd love to have ya aboard. I live in central Minnesota and we mainly meet in Eau Claire.

But i am looking forward to Appleton! Its going to be fun.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
AbsentbebniM
145 Posts
As you can tell, I joined the site. May be a bit of a delay in filling the profile out as my Internet at home needs to get reconnected (bills... gotta luv'em). I'm going to see if I can make it to the Appleton meet-up. My car is currently in the shop and I'm not sure what the estimated fix time is... Though I'm sure it's before then.

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Appleton (the Northern Wi VW Club) is mostly air-cooled, as are most VW clubs (for now), but they have a class for water-cooled Beetles and I've entered mine every year since I got one in 2009 (well, now I have 2.....) Mine and maybe a couple of others have been there and I usually get 1st or 2nd Place, but that's because my Beetle is usually only 1 of 2-3 there...........:p I would much rather see more water-cooled Beetles show up to make this car's presence known and to meet new friends. I didn't realize there were any Honda Element clubs. That's interesting, and cool, because it's refreshing to see clubs devoted to something current as opposed to the usual "it has to be old" mindset. ;)

·
AbsentbebniM
145 Posts
Just a quick side note... Determined the issue with the car is that it's stuck in Anti-Theft mode. No idea how that happened, but should be cleared up Monday. Still have to get a check engine light and the parking brake looked at, but I'm beyond relieved to know there's nothing major wrong with the car.

·
AbsentbebniM
145 Posts
I think I've got my better half interested in attending the Appleton show. And even if she decides against, I may just attend it alone. What time were you expecting to register? As a n00b, I'd wanna park with/near you.

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I think I've got my better half interested in attending the Appleton show. And even if she decides against, I may just attend it alone. What time were you expecting to register? As a n00b, I'd wanna park with/near you.

VW shows/GTGs don't interest my wife in the least.....but I'm hoping to get our daughter into the scene in a couple of years. Anyway, we usually try to get there and registered right at the beginning, around 9:00-9:30 AM. A couple of people in my local all-VW club will probably be there, too. They are air-cooled guys, but one has a 2010 Red Rock he may drive as opposed to trailering his 1957 Custom Bug 160 miles. The other guy takes his 1963 Herbie everywhere. Since Dustin is meeting me in Eau Claire (he'll be coming from Minnesota), I'll be coming into Appleton with him. Look for a Yellow Color Concept and a plain White 2010 NB, and that'll be us!:) I also PMed a couple of other Orgers, Opelmania and Mokie3, so I hope they can make it, too.

·
AbsentbebniM
145 Posts
VW shows/GTGs don't interest my wife in the least.....but I'm hoping to get our daughter into the scene in a couple of years. Anyway, we usually try to get there and registered right at the beginning, around 9:00-9:30 AM. A couple of people in my local all-VW club will probably be there, too. They are air-cooled guys, but one has a 2010 Red Rock he may drive as opposed to trailering his 1957 Custom Bug 160 miles. The other guy takes his 1963 Herbie everywhere. Since Dustin is meeting me in Eau Claire (he'll be coming from Minnesota), I'll be coming into Appleton with him. Look for a Yellow Color Concept and a plain White 2010 NB, and that'll be us!:) I also PMed a couple of other Orgers, Opelmania and Mokie3, so I hope they can make it, too.
Maybe I spoke too soon about my better half... Lol. But I definitely intend to go. I'll be in a Silver Turbo S.

·
Apprentice Org-aholic!
1,470 Posts
I never got a reply to the PM I sent to Opelmania and Mokie3, so I'm assuming they're not coming. :( Dustin, if you're on here, we need to coordinate a meeting place and time Friday.
Posted on the club site... I work until 2 friday, we can meet up around 5-6pm at Car City or Walmart.

·
Apprentice Org-aholic!
1,470 Posts
Pretty sure you register when you get there. This will be my third show!! That reminds me, I need to clean out my car! hehe

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Posted on the club site... I work until 2 friday, we can meet up around 5-6pm at Car City or Walmart.
How about Car City at 6:00 then? That way, we can take Highway 93 down to Eleva to Highway 10, which goes all the way to Appleton. Granted, it's a crappy 2-lane road for a while, but becomes like an Interstate once you hit Stevens Point. Otherwise, from Car City, we'd have to drive 20 miles out of the way north to hit 29 and then go 35-40 miles south again. :p

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dustin, is Car City at 6:00 cool? Another thought here: Maybe Sat night we should just find a Mom & Pop motel after all, because I haven't had time to investigate campgrounds. We could wing it and maybe stumble onto a campground, but that would also mean having to pack tents, sleeping bags, etc for something that may not even take place. You know what I'm saying? I'm thinking a motel would be a lot easier and far more convenient, too, especially when wanting to hit the road and heading back home Sunday..

·
Apprentice Org-aholic!
1,470 Posts
Dustin, is Car City at 6:00 cool? Another thought here: Maybe Sat night we should just find a Mom & Pop motel after all, because I haven't had time to investigate campgrounds. We could wing it and maybe stumble onto a campground, but that would also mean having to pack tents, sleeping bags, etc for something that may not even take place. You know what I'm saying? I'm thinking a motel would be a lot easier and far more convenient, too, especially when wanting to hit the road and heading back home Sunday..
Sure. 6 should work. Mom and pops will work for me also.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 36 Posts