NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Daisy's Mae's Mom
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As hubby and I were on the road the last two days, we stopped at some VW dealerships and 'sat' in some other Beetles. We just assumed that all of them would 'feel' alike.

To our surprise, they weren't the same at all. The new 2013's seats felt very hard. The other older 'New Beetles' were softer but still not nearly as soft as the one we bought.

That's a good thing to know but I'm confused as to why this would be the case. I just figured that all of the older ones like mine would be comfortable. Any ideas????

·
T.O.D.7 Will U be there?
869 Posts
Did you sit in any other VERTS? Maybe the seat stuffing is different because it's a vert AND it MAY be exposed to rain water. I'm just guessing but, it could be a possibility.

:rolleyes:

·
Daisy's Mae's Mom
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I never even thought of that! That's a possibility! I will make it a point to try and find a vert to sit in! Lol! Actually yesterday we saw a PINK with a black top and they had a magnetic business sign on the doors with their phone number. They live an hour from here where hubby and I used to live. So I know exactly where to find it again! It was a BARBIE pink and the top was black and in great condition! I haven't seen one like that around here either!

I did get a chance to talk to both of the previous owners of mine and they took good care of this one. I've read on here that there are some cars that have actual leather seats and some that have pleather? So mine must be the pleather ones. We have real leather in two of our other cars and they aren't nearly as comfortable so maybe that's it. Interesting....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts