NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
120,000+ miles
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What programs/methods do folks use to create their animated (gif?) avatars?
Google shows a zillion free-to-try apps, but most of the reviews say that these leave white marks, watermarks, choppy movement. Is there any good free method to do this? I am actually trying to convert an AVI file to GIF.

·
Super Moderator
5,364 Posts
GIF construction set is a good program. It will convert movie files to an animated GIF. It doesn't do white marks or anything. It just embeds inside the file it's self a comment saying it was made with the program.

·
~Feel the Sting~
2,441 Posts
What programs/methods do folks use to create their animated (gif?) avatars?
Google shows a zillion free-to-try apps, but most of the reviews say that these leave white marks, watermarks, choppy movement. Is there any good free method to do this? I am actually trying to convert an AVI file to GIF.
If you have access to Adobe Photoshop, or, more precisely, any version of Adobe Imageready that usually comes WITH Photoshop, Imageready will open AVI's and you can select a range of frames and export them as a GIF.

:D

·
Semi-Lurk Mode: GOOOOO
2,842 Posts
If you're too cheap to buy Photoshop, GIMP will do it, too. It's been awhile since I've done it, but there should be instructions all over Google.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts