NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well not sure if this is the right place to put this..My Boo was repaired at a local transmission shop,He got done first part of Oct..He has been leaking so i took him to the place i get his oil changed i asked if they could find his leak..They gave him a good looking over and Jeff came in and said his trans gasket was messed up and leaking all the way around..Here is my problem now..work was paid by local church tomorrow is Monday i need Boo by like 2pm guy is slow plus i need Boo on Tuesday cause i start my new job..I'm stressing cause i think he will be slow bout getting him done..Any ideas for me on this subject? I plan to be at shop when it opens in the morning....

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Well not sure if this is the right place to put this..My Boo was repaired at a local transmission shop,He got done first part of Oct..He has been leaking so i took him to the place i get his oil changed i asked if they could find his leak..They gave him a good looking over and Jeff came in and said his trans gasket was messed up and leaking all the way around..Here is my problem now..work was paid by local church tomorrow is Monday i need Boo by like 2pm guy is slow plus i need Boo on Tuesday cause i start my new job..I'm stressing cause i think he will be slow bout getting him done..Any ideas for me on this subject? I plan to be at shop when it opens in the morning....
Being there when they open is about the best you can do. Good luck, Darlin'

MORAV

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
I would have taken Boo back to the place where you had the transmission fixed. Apparently they messed up the gasket when they reinstalled the pan. They should pay for their mistake and get it done ASAP. Not sure where you get your oil changed (I hope not Jiffy Lube) but I am always leary of such places being equipt to handle anything with a transmission even if it's just a gasket. That said, I wish you the best of luck and hope you get Boo fixed up and running ASAP! I would still document this issue and complain to the transmission place that did the work. They should pay for the replacement of the gasket. I hope they didn't charge you too much for the transmission work. Also make sure that your Oil Change guy puts in the proper Automatic transmission fluid and not some GM or Chrysler generic crap.. um, I mean stuff. ;)

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i took Boo to transmission shop first thing this morning and they found out my pan was damaged,they fixed it as well as they could. but i have some of my first paycheck spented before i make it LOL...Boo will go back in a couple of weeks if not sooner if i can scrap up the cash for new pan.. :(

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Well i took Boo to transmission shop first thing this morning and they found out my pan was damaged,they fixed it as well as they could. but i have some of my first paycheck spented before i make it LOL...Boo will go back in a couple of weeks if not sooner if i can scrap up the cash for new pan.. :(
How was it damaged? And how did they fix it? Chewing gum to plug the leak? I would be leary about these people. They see a inocent woman come along and take full advantage of her.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
I wonder if they perhaps stripped the drain plug when they put it back in?

Anyway, here is the cheapest place I found for your transmission pan:

Genuine VW / Audi TRANSMISSION OIL PAN (01M-321-359 / 01M321359)

$103.40 If they stripped the drain plug they can probably helicoil it and there is no need to replace it. Along with labor and the part and fluid I bet this is gonna cost you over 200 bucks. If you were closer I would come and fix it for ya. ;) I don't trust shops. At least when I mess things up I know who to blame.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He said the shield was pushed in which damaged the pan, they fixed it enough to get me a few days to get my first paycheck
they lightly hammered it i watched most of it..he said if i get weird shifts to bring it in..he has extra vw fluid and will top it up for me..So he has been more then fair..they worked at least 30 mins on it

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
Oh, good. I hope that does the trick for you. Keep nice with the shop, and it sounds like they will treat you nice. Good luck Linda! :)

·
5/23/10 <3
10,918 Posts
Did you run over anything? You'd have to know you hit something for that kind of damage to happen.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Did you run over anything? You'd have to know you hit something for that kind of damage to happen.
Especially on a "STEEL" Transmission pan. It has to have hit something pretty substantial to be bent. And I am still a bit leary about them hitting it with hammers to straighten it out in order to stop the leak? How did they accomplish that without taking the pan off and replacing the seal and the fluid? Also the weaker aluminium oil pan hangs lower to the ground than the transmission pan so how did the oil pan escape damage while the unlucky transmission pan didn't? I still think they are trying to pull on over on you.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not sure what i hit, i rember dropping down in a pothole but didnt hear or feel anything different,Oil pan is fine...They took the pan off and reused trans fluid and had 1 quart left from another Beetle job...He ordered a used pan $35 and order new gasket and is waiting my ok to order fluid and day for me to come in..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts