NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One cool feature that doesn't seem to be working, despite me having it turned on, is "Similar Threads." I really like this feature and want it to work! If either of you guys get time to look into it, go for it. If not, I'll get back to it...this is mostly a reminder to myself. :)

·
Premium Member
3,625 Posts
jcroft said:
One cool feature that doesn't seem to be working, despite me having it turned on, is "Similar Threads." I really like this feature and want it to work! If either of you guys get time to look into it, go for it. If not, I'll get back to it...this is mostly a reminder to myself. :)
Seems to be working for me...

At the bottom of the Page I see a similar thread with the last FYI you left us ;)

Though I wonder what basis it picks similar threads on...

Might be worth me pulling out the big guns and reading the help manual

·
Aphid is FUN!
1,747 Posts
Could it be because there aren't enough threads? Maybe VB3 doesn't see any 'similar' threads on a given topic just yet.

btw...I'm not Ron, Jeff, or James, but I posted here anyway.:D

·
Premium Member
3,625 Posts
CaptainXeroid said:
Could it be because there aren't enough threads? Maybe VB3 doesn't see any 'similar' threads on a given topic just yet.

btw...I'm not Ron, Jeff, or James, but I posted here anyway.:D
I think we might see more similar threads once the thread count increases... It appears to be hit and miss though, some of the how-to's come up with other similar threads.. and others dont.

Check out this thread..
http://newbeetle.org/vb3/showthread.php?t=58

It pulls up all of Jai's other cars, and his member photos...

And also pulls up Corey's car, I think its based on words in the title.. 5$ says that if I throw a photo thread for tux in, it will pull that up as well..

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could be, yes. I just found the relevance threshold and lowered it temporarily to see if it started working for me -- before I knew it was working for you guys.

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay, I just looked at the how-tos and I see that it IS working. however, I don't see any similar threads on this thread. I wonder if it's because I started both threads?

Who knows. Oh well, it's work. FYI, I lowered the relevance threshhold to 0.5 from 3.5. We will probably want to raise it back up, but let's leave it for a bit just to see what happens.

·
Premium Member
3,625 Posts
CrazyJames said:
I think we might see more similar threads once the thread count increases... It appears to be hit and miss though, some of the how-to's come up with other similar threads.. and others dont.

Check out this thread..
http://newbeetle.org/vb3/showthread.php?t=58

It pulls up all of Jai's other cars, and his member photos...

And also pulls up Corey's car, I think its based on words in the title.. 5$ says that if I throw a photo thread for tux in, it will pull that up as well..
I stand corrected, Jai's photothread doesnt pull up mine... but mine pulls up his ;)

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
NOW, it's not showing me that similar thread stuff. hahaa
What an impossible little curr.

Very cool, Let's keep it.

Maybe it's got some sorta random nature built into it.

It'll be neat to see where it takes us as we move on.

·
DIESL PWR
354 Posts
wow Similar Threads could be a standout feature once this forum starts getting the high volume of the current one!

Like the reputation feature, I say we figure this system's guts out so we can tweak it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts