VW Beetle Forum banner

Nothin Beats A Good Hand Job...

3545 Views 21 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  btlejuce
To clarify...for those of you whose minds may be somewhere else. Nothing beats washing my bug in the drive way. Doing it by hand lets me know of every inperfection that may come along. That way if I see a scratch I will have an idea of when if hapened. Don't have any as of yet (knock on wood). Also there are so many curves and crannies it really needs to have it wiped down as to not to miss anything. Just my opinion.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
I agree! That way, when you take it to the dealer you KNOW they scratched it. :D

I have a new scratch on Zoomers pass side front fender. DANG ROCKS. :(

And it is rather hard to get all the wax out of the crannies and such. I find new OLD wax every time I wash... *grumble*
Well! You got my attention! I agree though. I will only hand wash my car.:D
Couldn't agree with you more.:D I NEVER go thru car washes.
So, what kind of car wash (soap) does everyone recommend?
If I lay in your driveway, can I have a hand job? :shy:

SMG
I would except I very seldom have people getting "layed" in my driveway...
I like Meguiar's Gold Class car wash, personally. ;)

-Des
I cant wait for it to get warm enough outside for me to start giving my car hand jobs. i really reanny need to start preppin the car for the summer of fun (it's gona be really hard to beat last year but i'm gonna try).
Hand Jobs

My wife gave mine one on Sun.:yaya: Now she's telling me there's a spot on hers that needs attention:p
I used to only give my CRX hand jobs. Now she's falling apart from the bottom up. Now in the winter my NB gets done the mechanical way. Summers are still hand jobs. I use almost any liquid soap with a sheepskin mitt.
I use Mr Clean auto dry/soap with a VW sheepskin wash mitt..

mmmmm :D
I wish I could give my baby hand jobs but my apartment complex doesnt allow that in the parking lot! :p
Deserion said:

-Des
DITTO! With a microfiber wash mitt...
I just gave mine a nice good soap down. After doing alot of maintanance work I decided she deserved her summer shoes and a good cleaning.
Deserion said:

-Des
So do I. Gotta get me a mitt though, I wore out my big soft sponge.
CyberGreenBaby said:
I wish I could give my baby hand jobs but my apartment complex doesnt allow that in the parking lot! :p

I'm glad we're talking car washes here :p
captbp said:
I'm glad we're talking car washes here :p
Oh we were?
Oops!
:gotme:

:p
CyberGreenBaby said:
Oh we were?
Oops!
:gotme:

:p
well, uh, ok maybe just some were :eek:
Today is going to be 75 degrees, and I'm going all out :D Hand wash, clay bar, wash, waxes, mmm :D I'm also applying my door stripes weeee! Today is a good day.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.