NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

~She is nothing special just yet but she has the makings, for a 12 year old she is in great condition with unmarked paintwork. We collected her from the UK yesterday and brought her on a 1,000 mile journey home with no real trouble. When night came I realised she only had one eye so I pulled in for fuel and a replacement bulb, only to find the headlight release clip was broken off, not good New Years eve at 11pm in -4c weather. Radio was on one speaker but saved me singing, Airbag warning light on, Engine management came on as we hit Austria but she got us home.

Spent some time today tracing and rectifying faults, lights done, new oil and filter, air filter, speakers repaired, cleaned out and looking good, all she needs is some TLC and I think she will be with us a while. :)

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
What?? Nothing special? It is VERY special! :p

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
You my friend are the owner of a lemon yellow (Europe) isotope green beetle ( North America). "Nothing special"( wanna bet) You're beetle is VERY rare and very special. :D

Enjoy your Beetle

·
Everett Street in May
3,204 Posts
You my friend are the owner of a lemon yellow (Europe) isotope green beetle ( North America). "Nothing special"( wanna bet) You're beetle is VERY rare and very special. :D

Enjoy your Beetle
Not to mention it's right hand drive. That is way cool!!!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nothing Special

Thanks Guys, I appreciate it. I do not know a great deal about these Beetles and when I look at some of yours I feel 'out classed' some of them are stunning.

Bubba as she is called because that is what they are called here 'Fow Vey Bubba' or 'Hrast' (Slovene for Beetle) seems normal to me although I have not seen many with colour coded seats. Most of the faults are now rectified except the dead short on the auxiliary power sockets which I will get to later. She needs a set of rear spoilers and eye lids which I have found new and come ready painted for €250, Ohh and a front grill with fog lights :)

Other than that she seems to be a standard Bubba to me. I am happy you like her :)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks again, I had no idea she was so different, judging from some of the other posts I guess I got her cheap at around $2,800 USD, I thought it was a little pricy when I could have bought another yellow one for $2,300 USD :)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Getting Somewhere :)

Now we are getting somewhere :)

I have repaired most of the faults including the headlights, speakers, Check Engine warning, airbag warning, trunk/boot not closing, changed oil and filters, just the dead short on the auxiliary power sockets to get to. Ohh and she has a new set of shiny number plates :)

The problem is that the thing never keeps still long enough for me to get stuck in. I am a little disappointed the CD changer I have won't go as the original VW one has a different loom so that ended that. In this day and age with iPod and MP3 the changer is obsolete anyway :confused:

So here are the new pics taken today after a good wash and wax :D

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I like that bear sitting on your parcel shelf :) Cool :D
That's 'Rainy Day Paddington', They were giving them away at the gas station with tokens when you buy fuel :)

Happy you like it (f)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts