·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nounoursmobile - Summary after 3 years of ownership

MECHANICAL PROBLEMS

None. :)

MINOR BUGS

- The paint problem on the rear fenders (solved last year for free by the dealer) is beginning to show up again. Oh well, I guess it's one of the few weaknesses of my car.

- Little dots of paint missing on the hood after small rocks hit it. I take care of them with my little touch-up paint bottle. A solution for both this and the previous bug will be to repaint just the hood and fenders. Then Nounoursmobile will look brand new as if in a showroom. :)

- Air conditioning in summer and heater in the winter take a while before being effective. But in winter the use of heated seats compensate for this waiting time and gives comfort on cold days.

DESIGN / FUN TO DRIVE

Still really enjoy the car's feel as in day one. I am not even tempted to buy any other car. No way. :)

In winter, the drive is safe with my Michelin snow tires and careful driving. Another strong point of the NB : taking turns. It's fun and feels like the car is magnetized to the road.

ENGINE

Even though many don't agree, I really like the 2.0 L with auto transmission. The accelerations are okay for me, and the car still have reasonable power even at 80 MPH.

Oil consumption (I use Mobil-1) is now stable at about 1 quart every 5000 kms, which is just fine.

The car has no problem running at 90 MPH four hours in a row in long distances. This little engine is very reliable.

A FEW STATISTICS

Total kms = around 38000.

Average distance per tank = 562 km.

Average overall MPG ratio = 24 MPG

Best highway MPG ratio = 32 MPG

Worse city MPG ratio = 15 MPG (extreme winter conditions + break-in period)

RPM at 60 MPH = 2900.

CONCLUSION

Nounoursmobile is a super reliable car and I hope to keep it still for a very long time. :)

·
Super Moderator
14,766 Posts
Wow. I remember when you were here, still bug-less. I know what you mean, though. After three+ years with mine, I still get a twinge of excitement, when I am on my way out the door, to drive my car. I've never felt that way about a car, and it's strange, but good, at the same time. :p

I'm glad you are having a good relationship with Nounoursmobile. :balloons:

·
Eine Kleine Panzer
210 Posts
Good to see that you are still here:yaya: and still taking care of nounoursmobile

I agree with dneyed, I still get excited when I see my dubs in the morning and when I see them across the parking lot (away from other people mind you).

·
Premium Member
4,315 Posts
Whoa....THREE YEARS!!!!!!... Time sure flies when your having fun... :eek:

I too remember you bugless, when you first picked up your bug and even the concerns you had over oil consumption. It sure doesn't seem like 3 years ago to me. Well Congrats on 3 wonderfull years and I hope you have 30 more. :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to all, finally feel like I still know a few people here. :)

Well, now I have a little new problem that happened on its birthday, the right top arch grey material is now wet with water... Near the windshield, and also found some waterdrops falling on the side near the rear right window (!).

If I remember well, I think this must be something about the moonroof waterdrains (?) stuck (?). Wonder how can these get filled with anything, as I almost never open it. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts