NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woo! I can't wait.

SCCA Solo II. I haven't been to an event since... July 24th. Ugh.

On the bright side, we have enough spectators for some photos. So hopefully we'll get some nice dub shots. I'll be sure to share. :p

·
beetle driver for life
1,151 Posts
Hey noR, will there be elevation change in the lot your running in. The way the course was set up at our last event there was a small downhill right after a left hand turn start. We were hitting it at about 20. You probally could unload the suspension if you hit it at 30. :)

·
Everett Street in May
3,205 Posts
Sooooooooooooooooooooooo, did we rock the house????? Com'on, spill the dirt......:D

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dunno!? It's killin' me. Heh. I didn't pay ALOT of attention to the times; waiting on them to post the results now.

The new suspension is WEIRD. :screwy:

The rear end slid out ALOT. I swear I spun out like 3-4 times.

I'm going to drop the spring perches a few notches, and start writing down the damper settings. I had them on full stiff, and 2-3 notches softer, but I'm sure I won't remember that later. The front was almost full stiff as well, maybe 4 notches shoft.

I've got video, I've just got to lift it off the tapes. Got the cable on its way and I'm workin' on getting someone w/the firewire inputs so we can cut this thing up to clips.

I don't think there's alot of action stills, but there's some video; and there MIGHT be some other stills.

It was HELLA fun though. A really great distraction at the time. No major problems, I DID find my lugbolts were loosening on the drive home, but they got tightened and we're back A-okay.

Photos and video are on their way.

·
beetle driver for life
1,151 Posts
Welcome to the world of suspension tuning. Were you running the Yokohama's with the lightweight wheels? What tire presures did you run? Get us that video soon. I can't wait to see it.:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts