NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Saturday, December 7, 2013
9:30 AM
((Update 12/5: Since the Toys for Tots time has changed, the agenda for the Saturday GTG has changed as well. 930am Breakfast at BoJangles, Hwy 64, Apex, then it's off to the Museum for the Porsche Exhibit(open 10a - 9p), then back to Apex Tuning for the Toys for Tots Car show (12-3p).

Just a bit of switch around.))

As of this date, the tentative plan is to meet for breakfast in Morrisville, convoy 9.5 miles to Apex and do a drop and drive-by at a Toys for Tots car event then roll 13 miles to the NC Museum of Art for the Porsche Exhibit. Porsche by Design: Seducing Speed | North Carolina Museum of Art

Cracker Barrel
955 Airport Blvd, Morrisville, NC 27560

Apex Tuning
1700-B North Salem St. Apex, NC 27523
https://www.facebook.com/events/578364792228765/?ref_dashboard_filter=calendar

NC Museum of Art
2110 Blue Ridge Road
Raleigh, NC 27607-6494

http://newbeetle.org/forums/members/41734-******-albums1266-maps-picture8050-dec7map.jpg

·
Go Blue!
293 Posts
Thank you ******!!

I am going to say that I am a "Maybe" for this GTG. I have a few things to work out before I can commit.

It sure does sound like a very fun meeting :D
:jumpy:

·
Go Blue!
293 Posts
I will have to pass on this GTG :crying:

The stray cat is becoming more expensive than I could have imagined. He needs to be neutered, have vaccinations, get micro chipped and have blood tests done. He also requires many cat items: litter boxes + litter, food, toys, scratching posts, food, beds, travel carrier and more food. Between the cat and Buglet (who needs an expensive ballast) there is no fun money available for me for a very long time :rolleyes:

If by any chance I manage to win the lottery between now and Dec 7th I will be there ;)

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
I will have to pass on this GTG :crying:

The stray cat is becoming more expensive than I could have imagined. He needs to be neutered, have vaccinations, get micro chipped and have blood tests done. He also requires many cat items: litter boxes + litter, food, toys, scratching posts, food, beds, travel carrier and more food. Between the cat and Buglet (who needs an expensive ballast) there is no fun money available for me for a very long time :rolleyes:

If by any chance I manage to win the lottery between now and Dec 7th I will be there ;)
I hear you there Lorna. We, having three cats and two dogs, understand the costs our animals have on the budget. ;( for not going and :) for taking care of the kitty

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Go Blue!
293 Posts
I hear you there Lorna. We, having three cats and two dogs, understand the costs our animals have on the budget. ;( for not going and :) for taking care of the kitty

Thank you Ed!! :)

Once we get the kitty squared away things will even out, just so many things needed to make sure he is well and has the things he needs all at once lol. Pets are worth it though!!

Buglet also demands her fair share of new things every other week it seems :rolleyes:
I have spent more on Buglet (repairs) in 4 months than I did in 10 years with my old Buick :screwy:

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Buglet also demands her fair share of new things every other week it seems :rolleyes:
I have spent more on Buglet (repairs) in 4 months than I did in 10 years with my old Buick :screwy:
But I bet the Buick never made you grin from ear to ear while driving down the road! :)

·
Go Blue!
293 Posts
But I bet the Buick never made you grin from ear to ear while driving down the road! :)

Is that ever the truth!!!

The Buick was like a trusty old cart horse, steady as she goes.
The Beetle is like having a 2 year old thoroughbred, endless fun and chaos :D

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Is that ever the truth!!!

The Buick was like a trusty old cart horse, steady as she goes.
The Beetle is like having a 2 year old thoroughbred, endless fun and chaos :D
Amen to that!??????

·
5/23/10 <3
11,171 Posts
We'll be at Toys for Tots for sure. Not sure if we'll tag along to the Porsche exhibit or not.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,171 Posts

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Saturday, December 7, 2013
9:30 AM

As of this date, the tentative plan is to meet for breakfast in Morrisville, convoy 9.5 miles to Apex and do a drop and drive-by at a Toys for Tots car event then roll 13 miles to the NC Museum of Art for the Porsche Exhibit. Porsche by Design: Seducing Speed | North Carolina Museum of Art

Cracker Barrel
955 Airport Blvd, Morrisville, NC 27560

Apex Tuning
1700-B North Salem St. Apex, NC 27523
https://www.facebook.com/events/578364792228765/?ref_dashboard_filter=calendar

NC Museum of Art
2110 Blue Ridge Road
Raleigh, NC 27607-6494

http://newbeetle.org/forums/members/41734-******-albums1266-maps-picture8050-dec7map.jpg

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Since the Toys for Tots time has changed, the agenda for the Saturday GTG has changed as well. 930am Breakfast at BoJangles, Hwy 64, Apex, then it's off to the Museum for the Porsche Exhibit(open 10a - 9p), then back to Apex Tuning for the Toys for Tots Car show (12-3p).

Just a bit of switch around.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Since the Toys for Tots time has changed, the agenda for the Saturday GTG has changed as well. 930am Breakfast at BoJangles, Hwy 64, Apex, then it's off to the Museum for the Porsche Exhibit(open 10a - 9p), then back to Apex Tuning for the Toys for Tots Car show (12-3p).

Just a bit of switch around.
Sounds like a day in the works!

·
5/23/10 <3
11,171 Posts
We've both been battling colds. If we are feeling better come Saturday, might be able to convince Bill to head to the museum before Toys for Tots. If not, we will be at Apex for sure.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
We've both been battling colds. If we are feeling better come Saturday, might be able to convince Bill to head to the museum before Toys for Tots. If not, we will be at Apex for sure.
Take care of things. Hope you make it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts