NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Herr Feuerwehrmann
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from visiting Captain Otto in sick bay. This has been the first time I have seen him since the accident. It seems somewhere along the way, Someone has stolen my siren, strobe lights, wig wags, fire department 2-way radios, c.b., my floor mats, and anything else in The captain that was in there. "Someone even stole my fuzzy dice, and the glow necklace from last years r2k." Somewhere between the storage lot, and the body shop I got ripped off. Its bad enough you have a wreak, you get a little banged up, Then they steal from you. "Kick em' when there down." :mad:

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Sorry to hear it.

I'm very sorry to hear of your trouble. It sucks to have a wounded fun car... it's worse when someone else takes advantage of that and cleans you out.

I hope things get better!

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,312 Posts
:( Sorry. People suck! :mad:

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
Years ago my Dad's car was smashed and had to be towed to a storage lot before going to the body shop. His insurance guy told him to take EVERYTHING out of it since it couldn't be secured. Too bad your guy didn't tell you too. That really sucks that someone would do that to you. I hope your insurance co. replaces everything.

·
Banned
3,877 Posts
Yep and I would keep an eye on their parking lots because if someone works there and drives a beet you'll probably find your stuff inside of it!!!

·
RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!
2,063 Posts
I feel your pain! A few years ago someone broke in my car and ripped off all my audio stuff, some clothing and even a ashtry full of lose coins. I lost about 3 grand that night. :mad:

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
The lot/body shop/yard is responsible for the theft. Your car was in their care, and it's their fault! Do not let them get away without compensating you.:mad:

Our truck was broken into while at the dealer service department overnight. Oh yes, we made them pay! You do the same!:mad: :mad:

·
33 &#8531;
15,621 Posts
Man, that is wrong, so wrong. I hope you can get your stuff back, or at the very least, get the money for it.

Did this happen before the body shop got it, or after it got it? Seems to me, that if the car was in the body shop, they should be responsible, unless they have some sort of policy that states 'we are not responsible for objects in the car' or along those lines.

·
overwhelmed/underpaid
3,319 Posts
dnyed said:
The lot/body shop/yard is responsible for the theft. Your car was in their care, and it's their fault! Do not let them get away without compensating you.:mad:
99% of dealerships protect themselves from having to compensate you by placing signs up. I've never gone to a dealer who hasn't had that sign up that says "not responsible for goods lost or stolen". Protects all parties. Hate to say it, but if you're irresponsible enough to leave valuables in the car, then it's your fault. When my car goes in for service, it goes in bare of anything of value...even if it's just a simple service that I wait for.

It's a fact of life...I hope you get the stuff back, but I wouldn't expect any compensation from the body shop or the towing company.

PS: hope you had permits for that stuff or else the trouble might be more than it's worth.

·
STILL Can't Stop the Rock
336 Posts
either way, since you undoubtebly have documantatiuon of the various accessories you have on your car, they, therefore, are part of the vehicle and protected by insurance.

·
Herr Feuerwehrmann
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The Cheat said:
Hate to say it, but if you're irresponsible enough to leave valuables in the car, then it's your fault.

PS: hope you had permits for that stuff or else the trouble might be more than it's worth.
Thanks to all for your well wishes! To answer "The Cheat" I was seperated by my car because of the accident. I was taken to the hospital, they took the car. So, I was not being irresponsible, and yes I do have permits, I'm a Texas Certified Firefighter, So I'm legal.

·
Focus twice, shoot once
634 Posts
HOW HORRIBLE!!! I would be on FIRE!:rant2: :cry: AND CRYING.

I'd gather all the receipts for your goods and a mean lawyer. Maybe one named William Wallace:mad: :bash:

Make 'em pay.....legally.

Best of luck :kiss:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts