NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
MkV Pilot
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Terrible pic, but this car is about driving, not pretty photos:cool:

Picked up an '08 GTI Pkg1 w. DSG, sunroof & 18" wheels. It makes for a great replacement for the Beetle. I just don't want to stop driving it :D

If anyone is considering a fun replacement for their current ride, or a new addition to their stable, look into the GTI.

·
Everett Street in May
3,204 Posts
Nice new ride Mike!!! The 2.0t plus DSG is a great combo for VW.

Agree that you've got yourself a "drivers" car that wants to be run hard and put away wet.:wink:

Do I hear an EMRA event in your near future with the new ride?

Couple of Scirocco's and a new Jetta were out playing at Summit a few weeks ago. You should join in the Dubb'n drubb'n.

Peace......TechnoTrix'd..:wave3:

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
3,403 Posts
very nice. gotta love those GTI seats! :bigthumb:

·
MkV Pilot
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TechnoTrix'd said:
Agree that you've got yourself a "drivers" car that wants to be run hard and put away wet.:wink:

Do I hear an EMRA event in your near future with the new ride?

You'll be seeing me at at least one EMRA event this year, for sure. I'll be back on the track in June:cool: It gives me the opportunity to burn through the stock brake pads & P-Zero tires ;)

Plus, my helmet matches the car :rolleyes: :D

·
MkV Pilot
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TechnoTrix'd said:
The 2.0t plus DSG is a great combo for VW.
AND HOW! The 2.0T is so smooth and torquey. Plus, it doesn't mind revving. The DSG is smooth as silk, and it shifts FAST. It puts on the speed very quickly, and it does it with absolutely no interruption, no fuss, nothing but GO.

·
Super Moderator
14,715 Posts
I

Love

Those!

Congratulations! :party:

·
MkV Pilot
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh, you know that these cars are fun when the salesman tells me to "chip it"!

"What about the warranty?", I asked.

"Don't worry. Chip it.", He says.

"What about the fact that the car is a lease?", I ask.

"To tell you the truth, I'd chip it anyway." was his reply.

I really don't plan on chipping the car, but with the salespeople telling me to, I may have to:)

·
bored at work...
468 Posts
My boyfriend has an '06 Candy White GTI w/ DSG and I love it.. Definitely chip it, he has the stage 2 APR(which is just a downpipe). It's a change going from the Beetle to the GTI, I always beg him to let me have the GTI.. It'll never happen lol

1 - 20 of 70 Posts