NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, my check engine light has been on for a month now and just recently my EPC light and traction control light came on. I started my car and the idle really rough, I drove down the street to go home and my check engine light started blinking. I scanned some codes on the vag com and this came up:

8 Faults Found:
17705 - Pressure Drop between Turbo and Throttle Valve (check D.V.!)
P1297 - 35-00 -
17522 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor; B1 S2
P1114 - 35-00 - Internal Resistance too High
16522 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S2
P0138 - 35-00 - Signal too High
17525 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor Heating Circuit: B1 S2
P1117 - 35-00 - Short to Ground
16684 - Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected
P0300 - 35-10 - - Intermittent
16686 - Cylinder 2
P0302 - 35-10 - Misfire Detected - Intermittent
17579 - Angle Sensor 2 for Throttle Actuator (G188) Implausible Signal
P1171 - 35-10 - - Intermittent
17972 - Throttle Actuator (J338)
P1564 - 35-10 - Under-Voltage during Basic Setting - Intermittent

When my boyfriend looked under my car he saw wires of the O2 sensor had been dragging on the ground that the wires were actually cut and ripped apart. He sautered the ripped wires together again and that did not solve the problem. He also aligned the throttle body and that did not do anything either. I do not know what to do next, as I don't want to replace the O2 sensor if it's not the problem. I cannot drive it with such a rough idle.

Any suggestions on what to do next or where to look for the problem is greatly appreciated! :)

·
Registered
11,627 Posts
You have a ton of codes; which have probably built up over time, problems that car has had in the past or currently has. You can look up the codes and get info on how to repair or troubleshoot the problems related to each one.

Ross-Tech Wiki

My first thought; is that you possibly have a coil pack that has failed (#2), thus the rough idle and blinking light. You could try swapping the coil and see if the misfire travels to the cylinder you change it to.

Your 02 sensor; B1 S2, looks like it is bad but that maybe from the wiring problem, clear the codes and read the live data to see if it is working correctly.

The Diverter Valve; can be removed, tested with a vacuum tool and see if it holds vacuum, also check for binding in its operation.

I would clear the codes and see what come back; what scan tool are you using? If you have VCDS; you can look at "live data" to check for misfire numbers and see how the 02 sensor are doing; make sure things are working as they should, while the engine is running.

·
Registered
11,627 Posts
Excellent! Glad you got the car fixed; have any codes, come back? Make sure; you replace the 02 sensors with high quality parts, like the OEM BOSCH it came with from the factory! :)

Bosch Vehicle Part Finder

1 - 4 of 4 Posts