NewBeetle.org Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Just because!
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I know this is starting a bit late, but better late than never, right?

Ok, the point of the assignment is to get you up out of you Org viewing chair and get shooting a photo that you might not have considered before.

What can you do with Orange?

Leaves
Fruit
Socks
Flowers
Cars
Pumpkins
Sunsets/ Sunrises
etc......

It is not a competition, so there are no prises. There will be no critiques, in otherwords, I won't tell you what you did or didn't do was right or wrong. This is all YOUR interpretation of Orange.

So let's get crackin' with some Orange photos! Post them in this thread!

:D

·
Premium Member
4,315 Posts
This one is my personal favorite out of the batch. I shot these using Two zippo lighters for the fill light. Hung a black back round behind the scissors and used a jar of vasoline to stand them up.

The camera was mounted on my trusty vintage Bilora tripod. Shutter speed 2 seconds, macro mode, and a tiny bit of cropping and touch up in photoshop... nothing done to the color though. I just darkened up the back round a bit.

·
Just because!
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Nice work thus far everyone!

I finally got away from school work, job, and everything else that was robbing me of time and got a chance to shoot for a few minutes.

I went to the local park and found some orange traffic cones. So I played with those for a bit. :D (The wife just said she thought they looked like candy corns.) :D

After the cones, I looked around for more orange, and I found the shot of the heavy equipment over the top of a house. :confused:

Attachments

·
Just Buggin'
7 Posts
Oooooo, I am very excited about these assignments! I will get right on this orange thing. I will be going to the pumpkin patch tomorrow - I wonder if I will find anything orange there? Hmmmmm....Something to ponder.

·
Just because!
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
silverspeedbuggy said:
Hmmm, orange you say? How about my kitchen:

:eek:fftopic: It was your kitchen (I am pretty sure at least) that convinced my wife we should paint our kitchen orange! I had already made my mind up before I saw your pics, but she loved your color! :banana:

So now, besides the kitchen, one wall in the living room is the same "Mediterranean Sunset" and was used over a light beige for a faux finish. (see second pic) She also painted her bathroom the same color. I would have shot a wider pic, but the kitchen is a disaster! :D

Nice work!

Attachments

·
I bleed Burnt Orange!
687 Posts
Just a quick entry before the end of the month.

This was taken (just 5 minutes ago), using my JVC Digital Video camera on the internal memory card. I used the back light.

Then I applied a fisheye effect to it with Paint Shop Pro:

Orange.JPG

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.