NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have the OEM single CD unit in my '06 Beetle Convert, and had a no-start last night. Well, I noticed after jumping the battery and getting the car home that even when I pulled the ignition key, the backlighting on the stereo (not the display, just the controls) stays lit. Also, I hear a pop when I put the key in and turn it to start the car. And, I hear a faint hiss like the stereo is on the Aux feed with nothing playing, it does this whether the stereo is on or off. I THOUGHT I had found a clue when i found soda on the fuse panel side of the car (my WIFES car!!!! :), so cleaned any traces of soda and pulled all the fuses looking for signs of burns, popped fuses, etc..., no problems found. To prevent damage, I disconnected the battery positive while doing this work, and when I reconnected everything, and started the car, the radio display says "Phone" instead of "SAFE". Any ideas, since I am not aware of this particular unit having any kind of phone or bluetooth connection. It has an AUX jack, but that's all I'm aware of. Either way, I cannot get it to do anything else. I can hear the hiss if I turn the volume up, and it disappears when I pull the radio fuse.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts