NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put up a thread the other day -
http://newbeetle.org/forums/parts-accessories/53204-trending-ecstuning-com-now-vw-catback-sport-exhaust-system-143-76-shipping.html

Got my order in before even putting up the thread.

Long story, ECS cancelled my order late Friday, indicating there was a problem with my payment or shipping address on their online order tracking.

Got a little better personal email from them stating that the exhausts were out of stock, they had resourced everywhere including Europe, and there are none available, and in fact the item is no longer in production. And I beliebve this to be the case.

Jumped online to the alternate source I had posted, and they were still showing available. Placed order, and early Sat morning got a personal email, they were also out of stock, none showing in the computer, and none available through VW Germany. I pressed the guy and he said he would check around today. Sent me an email this morning indicating three Dealers in the entire US were still showing them in inventory.

Called the first, here in Texas, has two, one on hold for a customer from the middle of last month, and one for an employee. They are going to check into getting a release on one or the other and call me.

Called the second, two in stock, and had the guy eyeball them to verify, bought them both ($149 ea) and have sent them prepaid shipping labels. Will ship out tomorrow.

There is a third Dealer that MAY still have one or more, so I thought I'd put it up. But don't waste anytime. These appear to be gone forever, unless you can get one at a premium from someone who bought one so deeply discounted for resale. Here you go -

Hannah Volkswagen
WA
360-314-0492

Good luck!

OhRandi had hers put on last month, IndyTom is doing his today!

M.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thanks for the leg work. From what I can tell, an Org member purchased the last ones available. They arrived today. What nice systems for a great price. Thanks here & via personal PM.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for the leg work. From what I can tell, an Org member purchased the last ones available. They arrived today. What nice systems for a great price. Thanks here & via personal PM.
I'm so glad someone on here nailed these! Funny, another Orger p/m'd me that the WA Dealer told him a month or so ago that THAT part number wasn't in their system. I suggested, at the time, he was speaking with an idiot. Never heard back, but he may have scored one from another source I had.

Anyone looking, check with Troy in Phx or the Dealer in TX. Maybe, just maybe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts