NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

Just went to the dealership to pick up my 2006 NB last night. Not a bad deal, has 42K, red, sunroof, 5 speed. Was pretty excited too!

It was a good experience.....signed the forms, gave the deposit, got the keys, shook the salesman's hand, etc...they pulled the car in front of the dealership to put the plates on, and gave me the keys. Went to start it, and it wouldn't go. Sounded like the fuel pump wasn't priming.

With five salespeople crawling all over it (and me with 23 years of automotive parts experience and a lot of time behind a wrench, knowing they weren't going to fix it), I was able to find a blown 20A fuse, which appeared to be the fuel pump fuse. Put in a new fuse, blew that too.

It was a VERY hot day yesterday, and (as much of my experience is with Honda) I know that heat soak can take out a PGM-FI main relay (forgive the Honda term) just with rising interior temps. I'm just not sure of what to expect from here.

The dealership gave me a Saturn Aura :banghead: to drive last night to get home. They're going to contact me today to give me a progress update and attempt to figure out what the devil happened. Any thoughts/comments? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
14,751 Posts
That stinks! But, at least, it happened with plenty of witnesses, and a place where you could get a ride to get home.... :eek:

Sounds like an electrical gremlin. Hope it's fixed soon! Salsa Red is awesome! :p

Welcome to the Org! :wave2:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Strangely enough, it was a shorted coil pack. Weird timing, but we picked her up tonight! Will post pics tomorrow. This could be fun :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts