NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a Beetle person who's always looking for a great album to blare from my little car. So in an age of podcasts and mp3s i thought i'd go old school and see if people can recommend albums to one another in hopes that they will become future Beetle soundtracks.

OH YEAH...i'm thinking FULL albums as opposed to mixtapes.

My recommendations for today:

John Davis: (self titled)
This is the former frontman for Superdrag who has "found Jesus". I was skeptical when i bought this knowing most Christian rock bites, but i was wrong. This is amazing and VERY uplifting even if you are a non-Christian. It's a 100% positive album full of real American rock and roll. Not much of a Beetle album, but i'd play it on a long drive through the South.

The Shins: Chutes Too Narrow
This is a GREAT album for a Beetle. It has some great guitar playing, great singing, playing, etc. I play this in the car all the time. I know many of you are bored with this album, but it's still a solid beginning to end collection of songs that keep ME wanting the record to keep playing.

My opinion for now...

John

·
a.k.a. porkchopzz4
890 Posts
When I saw this thread title, all I could think of was a 1950's Chrysler with a pull out turntable in the back seat. :)

If we're talking about good fun driving music, I still think just about any Cake album is a blast to sing along to - my favorite being "Motorcade of Generosity". Or just some old school Weezer (green album especially).

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ohh silly people. How about a specific album and why? I thought we could each turn each other on to ONE album and run out and buy that person's favorite album. Kind of like a thing where you might say "You have to buy THIS album!"

john

·
overwhelmed/underpaid
3,319 Posts
The only album I've bought in the past year that's been good has been Hawthorne Heights-The Silence In Black And White. Just plain good stuff, especially if you like "screamo".

Anything Weezer is good too, along with Yellowcard's Ocean Avenue.

·
Beetle Cup racer
567 Posts
The state of music now is dreadful, but there are still some great music coming out....if you like symphonic rock, "V" (the new mithology suite) by Symphony X.

Somewhere to nowhere by Kansas is a good one too.

other music..., I dont listen to, I am now officially and Oldies guy....

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
i nominate the arcade fire's "funeral". just downloaded it and it's pretty good. kind of along the lines of modest mouse. indie lo-fi stuff. kinda.

http://www.arcadefire.com/yope.html

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
I'm really digging the Snow Patrol "Songs For Polar Bears" cd. It's got a good beat and I can dance to it.

Seriously, it's cool and different. Do they play stuff like this on the radio anymore?

I had a bitchin' collection of 45 RPM singles back in the day, so don't hassle me, but - "records?" Hey grampa, do you need to turn up your hearing aid to listen to the new 'Dead compilation? ;)

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,311 Posts
Porkchop said:
When I saw this thread title, all I could think of was a 1950's Chrysler with a pull out turntable in the back seat. :)

If we're talking about good fun driving music, I still think just about any Cake album is a blast to sing along to - my favorite being "Motorcade of Generosity". Or just some old school Weezer (green album especially).
CAKE!!!
Stick shifts and safety belts
Bucket seats have all got to go
When we're driving in the car
It makes my baby seem so far

I need you here with me
Not way over in a bucket seat
I need you to be here with me
not way over in a bucket seat

But when we driving in my Malibu
It's easy to get right next to you
I say "Baby, scoot over please"
And then she's right there next to me

I need you here with me

Well alot of good cars are Japanese
But when we're driving far
I need my baby, I need my baby next to me

Ah..well

Stick shifts and safety belts
Bucket seats have all got to go
When we're driving in the car
It makes my baby seem so far

I need you here with me

:goodjob: Cake rocks!

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Album

True German traveling music:
Autobahn by Kraftwerk

Description:
This is part of Astralwerks` The Kling Klang Studio Digital Master Series.
Kraftwerk: Ralf Hutter (vocals, keyboards, drums); Klaus Roeder (guitar, violin); Florian Schneider (keyboards, drums); Wolfgang Flur (percussion).
Germanic in approach and delivery, this record gets under the skin and infuriates as you find yourself compelled to hum the melodies. A significant record in the development of electronic music, and not to be confused with other "kraut rock" efforts from the school of mid-70s prog, this is the album from which countless bands borrowed riffs--passages of the Cure, Depeche Mode, Joy Division, and New Order are to be found among the five lengthy tracks. Don`t be fooled: Kraftwerk were there at least five years in advance. Great for driving on the motorway in Europe, incidentally!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,750 Posts
Franz Ferdinand is my fave at the moment. I just can't get enough!

1 - 20 of 73 Posts