VW Beetle Forum banner

Official Roswell2K 2019 Planning Thread

14K views 53 replies 20 participants last post by  KNEWBUG 
#1 · (Edited)
This is the Roswell2K 2019 official planning thread!

This is the information for the show, and will be constantly updated. Please return to this page to keep up to date on this great show, which will be celebrating its 20th anniversary!

WHEN: Friday June 21-23, 2019

WHERE: Roswell, New Mexico, USA

WHO: Head Alien, Antoine De Hon, assistant Head Alien, Howie Lipton

WHAT: Our biennial New Beetle event and car show

WHY: To celebrate our friendship and love for the VW New Beetle

Summary: The New Beetle show in Roswell started in the year 2000. New Beetles from Canada and the US came together in Roswell, NM to enjoy each other's company after the silver NB was featured in a VW TV ad, "reverse engineered by UFO's". Instead of just silver NBs attending, it was suggested that New Beetles of all 8 colours be allowed to attend. And so the show was born. The show has been featured in TV shows and magazines. We've participated in many different activities, including driving skills courses, a Drive-in theater, cavern tours, and swap meets. There are also various caravans from all over the country, and even Canada, so choose one and join the fun!

Host Hotel: *** The host hotel will be the Comfort Suites at the north end of the city; 3610 N. Main St. The special rates for participants is $84 King, $89 2 Queen beds, all non-smoking (normally $149), plus tax. Please call the hotel directly for the special rate (575-623-5501) and mention you are with the VW Beetle group. OR, email Edie: suitesalesroswell@gmail.com if there's a problem. Please let them know your arrival/departure dates, keeping in mind that the CENTRAL Caravan arrives on Thursday, not Friday. Price includes hot breakfast buffet, and swimming/hot tub facilities. There are lots of hotels in Roswell, each offering different prices and amenities, so you are free to stay at one of them instead... but why bother?

Click Here --->Registration NOW OPEN!<---- Click Here

FACEBOOK PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/groups/286031688242279/?ref=bookmarks

Attachments

See less See more
#38 ·
Does one need to register, or can one just surprise everyone by showing up?

#42 ·
I have registered the Yellow Ducky in hopes that I can get the time off...
Will be aiming to get a shirt and the decal for either side of the backseat windows.

Note: May get to meet up with those in or near the I-25 corridor and drive down in the 7 or 8 hours on Friday morning.
Then again, if I would detract from the group, I don't have to go and leave if need be.

#44 ·
I finally registered, but how do I meet up with west coast carabuggers?

I am southwest Oregon, and can meet up with California peeps.

#45 ·
So Howie Babe,
Scarlett just a 2018? What about a 2018 habanero orange coast edition??

And Laycee a 2010 new beetle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#50 · (Edited)
16 days and seven hours and 45 minutes until the trip starts... ;-)

Note: Are there parking lot Olympics this year?

P.S. I have my registration set at the host hotel for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights.

#53 ·
Contrary to some rumors floating around eastern New Mexico this weekend, reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated! In fact if any one is going to the GTG and driving around the Indianapolis Motor Speedway at the VW cruise the 20th of July, Wifey, Cheeto, my 2002 Orange manual color concept, and I will see you there. Dave and Luann are going to be there in his Green 2003 manual color concept Heimlich as well.

Hope everyone had a ball in Roswell. Maybe next time we can swing the time to get there again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.