VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a particular company that ya'all are utilizing for getting as close as touch up paint for your beetles?
I just purchased my 2002 a month ago, and am now (after spending LOTS of quality time TLC washing/waxing/detailing it, am finding lots of little nicks and scratches that I'd like/love to touch up with MATCHING paint, if possible.

Any certain company that is better then the others?

tks, Steve

·
My other VW is a VW
141 Posts
Hit your local dealer up. They can order the original color in a marker style paint pen. About 12 bucks.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,416 Posts
The dealer also sells small cans of touch up spray paint. I got some for my car to paint some of the bumper and it worked great. You get a can of paint and a can of clear.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Riviera Blue
17 Posts
Interesting, but how do you blend the spray paint? I have a big scuff on my rear bumper where someone hit me in a parking lot and I'd like to touch it up. I also wonder if this would work on my roof where it's fading as a temp solution?

·
5/23/10 <3
11,416 Posts
I'm no pro painter so I just tried to spray lighter at the edges to blend it. Came out good enough for me. I got a lot of rock chips covered which made it look better. Ready for another spray soon though. I would probably get a couple cans of clear. I only had one and it would probably look better with a few more coats.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts