VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2000 2.0 beetle oil dipstick tube cracked and broke. I read a couple posts on replacing it.

I picked up the tube part from the dealer this week. Got the old tube off. Thought everything was good to go. Put on the new one. I was a little unsure if I had it on all the way. I had removed the metal piece at the top that the tube slides on. To cut to the problem I can't seem to get the bolt tightened again and now somehow I have the dipstick STUCK in the stupid tube!

I'm in Michigan and it is pretty cold. I think that may be causing some issues. I'm going to drive to a friend's heated garage tomorrow and let the car and parts warm up. I however don't know how in the heck I got the dipstick stuck in the tube. It looks like it may have slid in angled. HELP I need to get the dipstick to part with the tube!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Managed to get these apart with some help. Got the tube installed. Old dipstick is a tight fit that's for sure!

Going to have to go back to the dealer and get a new one. Almost like the guy at the counter knew when I got the tube. He asked if I wanted a new dipstick and I said no. Silly me!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts