NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am new to this site, my wife and I have a 2003 VW Beetle GLS w/ a 2.0 nonturbo auto! I am in the process of changing the oil as I type, I can not find anywhere that tells me now much the crankcase holds! I am use to american engines holding 4 qts. and 5 qts w/ filter question: How much oil does the 2.0 hold w/ new filter? Thank you in advance for your answer. QUICKSILVER64

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank

Thank you! when I drained it only about a cup and a half came out in addition to what was in the filter! wow its level was pretty low then! our dealer said it would be $110 for an oil and filter change!!!! a little high and then on top of it the Monsoon stereo needs its code reset and he won't give me the code over the phone, I can get the stereo out and get the numbers from the side of it! I'm not going to pay god knows how much to reset a stupid code!!!

·
No NB Yellow Trifecta :(
5,634 Posts
... and then on top of it the Monsoon stereo needs its code reset and he won't give me the code over the phone, I can get the stereo out and get the numbers from the side of it! I'm not going to pay god knows how much to reset a stupid code!!!
You will have to take it to the dealer; the code is free, they just need to physically see the car and verify the vin. They then go to a VW Internet site to get your code. I suggest that you write it down, as the code is specific to the radio.

·
Beetle Newbie
143 Posts
Yeah, I learned that the fee they want to charge is not to look up the part. Its the removing of the radio that they charge for. My local dealer quoted me $45.00 and I had to set an appointment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts