NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My turbo s was leaking some oil. Where can I get one for my car and is it called a oil return line?

Also does anyone know what that weird red/orange stuff is from the bottom area of the pic?

·
Registered
14,060 Posts
The oil return line; is available from your local Volkswagen dealer parts dept or you could order it online from Volkswagen dealers parts places that have websites; such as VW Parts | Volkswagen Parts

Seeing; how the return line, is about $100 or so, getting it repaired might be worth it (make sure you replace the two gaskets that go with is as well)!

06A-145-735-AA RETURN LINE

http://www.vwparts2go.com/parts-cat.../2002/turbo-s/1-8l-l4-gas/engine/turbocharger

Some of these hoses can be particularly expensive; it is possible, to have a hose like this repaired as a local hydraulics hose shop; so, that might be a option as well.

The crusty red stuff; is residue from a coolant leak, check the area and replace whatever parts are leaking, you might do a cooling system pressure test to pinpoint the leak.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey thanks billymade that's what i suspected but wasn't completely sure. i'm thinking if i'm gonna get the gt28rs kit wouldn't it come with stainless steel lines for the coolant and oil...so maybe if i just wait a little longer and get that i'll be all set

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
coolant leak

and looks like you also have a coolant leak on that third picture from the top. That's why it's always a good practice to look the underside over everytime you change the oil for anything out of the Normal, I do.Helps to catch problems before they become a real problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts