NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Luis Hernandez
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I am here again seeking for advice, I have a 2000 VW beetle 2.0liter, about a month ago the oil light started flashing red ocasionally after driving it for about 5 min or so and it did it more often when you would be exiting from the highway (decresing speed) I replaced the oil pressure switch with one from advance auto parts and the car seem to have gotten a little better but the light still came on and in a few days it was doing as often as before so i decided to replace the oil pump and screen, after the oil pump and screen were replaced the light still came on after 30 min of driving it so i bought another oil pressure sensor and the problem continued, someone told me to get the pressure switch from the dealer and i did and right after that the problem was fixed but about 4 days ago the light came back and now it only comes back when you drive it for more than 40 miles or so, please help maybe is a computer issue or ground issue since the connector looks good. :confused:

·
Registered
746 Posts
Have you checked the oil pressure with an actual gauge? How many miles are on the engine? Has the oil and filter always been changed at the recommended intervals using the proper oil and filter?

·
Luis Hernandez
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked it with a oil pressure gauge and pressure is ok and the check engine light is not on and hooked up the scan tool to it and no codes are stored in the ECU, what bothers me is that the problem when away when i out the VW sensor in it and a few days later the problem came back but is not as often as it was before, the connector looks fine but I still when ahead and took it apart and re assembled it to make sure it fitted tight on the sensor, but i am still having the problem, please advice...

·
Luis Hernandez
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how could i check the wire after it goes into the harness, i looked at the section of wire that is exposed and it looks fine (no tears cuts or pinch), I was also thinkind on maybe an aftermarket gaugue (don't know if that would help at all) and if it does could i just unplug the ecu conector to the pressure swicht with out having any issues?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts